Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Smartlink for your Google Glass
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Daier Mune
So, somebody finally started hooking up guncams to Google Glasses, thought it was worth posting about.

http://io9.com/google-glass-will-allow-gun...ners-1586747409
Draco18s
Was only a matter of time, really.
FuelDrop
so... soon we'll be able to wage war over the internet. This is the first step towards rigging.

EDIT: I mean tactical rigging, not UAV combat.
DWC
Still does nothing to address the issue of having to properly support the weapon to fire accurately. All it really does is fix the bore offset problem and allow for slightly less blind wildfire.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (DWC @ Jun 12 2014, 10:25 AM) *
Still does nothing to address the issue of having to properly support the weapon to fire accurately. All it really does is fix the bore offset problem and allow for slightly less blind wildfire.

Gives you the ability to shoot from the hip far more accurately than before (for the common man anyways). smile.gif
DWC
I guess having a slightly better idea of where you're vaguely spraying rounds is a small improvement. To me, I'd rather see an RTD in the bolt carrier and a few along the barrel so that machinegun crews can monitor weapon temperatures during periods of sustained operation.
X-Kalibur
Daddy want.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (DWC @ Jun 12 2014, 01:49 PM) *
I guess having a slightly better idea of where you're vaguely spraying rounds is a small improvement. To me, I'd rather see an RTD in the bolt carrier and a few along the barrel so that machinegun crews can monitor weapon temperatures during periods of sustained operation.

I don't know about sensors in the barrel, but a couple of temperature sensors should give you a real time feel for the condition of the crew's gun.
Curator
awesome
Sengir
Breaking news: Somebody managed to connect a camera to a head-mounted display. Wow...

An actual smartlink would analyze the image from the Glass and gun, find the intersection, and project an indicator where the gun is pointed into the wearer's FOV, with compensation for ballistics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012