ok so i got some dialogue i'd like to open up. hope it can be a little fun, a curious question on my part.

i live in pittsburgh, which would be in the UCAS in our SR. it's still on the map, hasn't disappeared. very little has been said other then it has sports team. the recent digital book spells & chrome had a run in it though where they summon a demon from the meta planes. pretty cool. but for the most part, it's off the map like many many major cities. and not surprisingly it's easily forgotten. but i know a lil folk lore about pittsburgh that would tie in great w/ SR. and i hope that my lil dream of trying to publish some stories about it come true. but here it is

go ahead and googley pittsburgh 2012 maya. plenty of links will come up explaining the connection. i'm not endorsing the idea please don't bash me. i'm just pointing out that if it pertained to maya, it probably would pertain to the SR awakening.
the jist of the idea is that pittsburgh has 3 rivers that meet, with a 4th river that ends in the Pittsburgh valley called the Wisconsin Glacial Flow that is a fresh water spring run off from the arctic north. the maya believed pittsburgh was a holy place of healing etc etc aligning with the stars yada yada.

so my question is, what kind of city would that make it? a giant mana line, perhaps a higher amount of awakened or more, goblinization?. i would say from my personal experience that shadow running wouldn't be a big deal in pittsburgh. it's downtown is relatively small, with many many universities, hospitals, and sports. that's it, all the industry's and military complexes are located far outside of it. chicago is 8 hrs away, nyc 7, DC 5, atlanta 9, and toronto and detroit about 6 (half that time in SR traveling times). so it's alive i'd bet, but not for shadow work, more like work in the daytime. maybe a gathering place meta-sapient creatures?

smile.gif