Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fun with auto injectors
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Jack_Spade
With Run&Gun the auto injector finally made its way back into play.

I'm currently pondering over an NPC street sam whose main stick is Kamikaze and stim patches coupled to his biomonitor. (Essentially he is a Jason lookalike with face mask and murder armor, making it look like he went down just to pop up again stronger and meaner than before)

The question is: Can an auto injector deliver an inhalation or contact drug?
RL this shouldn't be a problem, after all all applications are destinated for your blood stream.

Uli
Yeah, definitely. If you want to be extra nitpicky, you can install one injector per vector. wink.gif
Fatum
DMSO
Sendaz
Just be glad they didn't go with the French version, the Auto Suppository System (ASS).

Though to be fair, the ASS does allow for the use of Alchemical Preparations, particularly Healing ones or Prep H as it is often referred to. nyahnyah.gif
psychophipps
QUOTE (Fatum @ Jul 13 2014, 03:46 AM) *
DMSO

Ahh yes, that most universal of medicinal compounds. If it was up to the line devs, you could just spray a character's cheeseburgers with DMSO and they would get all the nutrients by tucking them underneath the character's armpits.
psychophipps
QUOTE (Uli @ Jul 13 2014, 03:32 AM) *
Yeah, definitely. If you want to be extra nitpicky, you can install one injector per vector. wink.gif

100% agreement from me. Having a Dune-esque nasal plug for inhaled chemicals is actually a fairly common thing in several cyberpunk stories.
Draco18s
QUOTE (psychophipps @ Jul 13 2014, 09:16 AM) *
Ahh yes, that most universal of medicinal compounds. If it was up to the line devs, you could just spray a character's cheeseburgers with DMSO and they would get all the nutrients by tucking them underneath the character's armpits.

Yeah. But you'd still feel hungry.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jul 13 2014, 06:18 AM) *
Yeah. But you'd still feel hungry.

HP/MP restored!
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Jul 13 2014, 06:13 AM) *
Just be glad they didn't go with the French version, the Auto Suppository System (ASS).

Though to be fair, the ASS does allow for the use of Alchemical Preparations, particularly Healing ones or Prep H as it is often referred to. nyahnyah.gif

Sadly this is along the lines of something I was thinking of for a story hook. The PC mage does not have disjoining, so there is no simple fix for them. But, would it be possible to make a alchemical preparation with either a time delay(see street magic) or maybe a command trigger auto inject it into someone and it not be destroyed? I'm thinking osmething along the lines of the client has had a high force fireball preparation injected into him and he is being coerced into helping another shadow runner team with their run.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Shinobi Killfist @ Jul 17 2014, 04:33 PM) *
Sadly this is along the lines of something I was thinking of for a story hook. The PC mage does not have disjoining, so there is no simple fix for them. But, would it be possible to make a alchemical preparation with either a time delay(see street magic) or maybe a command trigger auto inject it into someone and it not be destroyed? I'm thinking osmething along the lines of the client has had a high force fireball preparation injected into him and he is being coerced into helping another shadow runner team with their run.

Heh... Magical Carcerands. That is entertaining. smile.gif
Happy Trees
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Jul 13 2014, 05:13 AM) *
the Auto Suppository System (ASS).

Best abbreviation EVAR.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012