Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Home-made Kevlar
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FuelDrop
Okay, this is kinda random but how hard would it be to create Kevlar or a similar para-aramid synthetic fibre suitable for ballistic armor in your own garage lab? I don't need details (which are probably illegal to give out over the internet anyway) but a general idea of whether or not it's possible.
Shortstraw
How many Darwin's Bark Spiders do you have?
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Jul 25 2014, 07:35 PM) *
How many Darwin's Bark Spiders do you have?

For the sake of argument, let's say none.
Shortstraw
A less interesting option.
Sendaz
It's a bit of chemistry involved since you have to use things like sulferic acid to keep the material pliable during the making and spinning, but if you are talking for ingame it's the 2070+ afterall and with the wonders that are microlabs I imagine it would be possible to cook up a batch.

Though the next question is why are they needing to make up their own armor, is this a remote location or other reason?
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Jul 25 2014, 07:51 PM) *
Though the next question is why are they needing to make up their own armor, is this a remote location or other reason?

Pretty much. It's actually for a book I'm writing, but I still figured that if there was anywhere to ask, this'd be the place.
pbangarth
Remote location,huh?

I see what you did here. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012