Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sustaining and LOS
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kagetenshi
So I've got a mage in a game I'm running. He turned one of the muscle into an Owl for scouting purposes.

Question is, does he have to maintain visual contact with the owl at all times to avoid a naked human falling from the sky? My answer was yes, but I wanted to check.

~J
Jason Farlander
No. You need LOS to establish a link to the target, but not to sustain it. Otherwise you could never sustain invisibility on anyone else unless you were astrally percieving.
Tal
According to SR3 Canon you don't, but I applied my own little house rule that requires the caster slip into astral and follow the target if he leaves physical LOS.
Zazen
Control Thoughts, a sustained spell, is easier to shake off if the caster is "not present". Presumably that means lacking LOS, which means that you can sustain a spell on someone without LOS.
Kagetenshi
Thanks for the quick responses; it made rather a difference to my players (we're in the middle of a game).

~J
RedmondLarry
QUOTE (Tal @ May 6 2004, 07:21 PM)
According to SR3 Canon you don't, but I applied my own little house rule that requires the caster slip into astral and follow the target if he leaves physical LOS.
Interesting house rule, because by canon you can not sustain a spell as you Project yourself into Astral space. The act of going into astral space is an exclusive magical action. Making something harder for a magician by requiring him to do something that is prohibited by the rules is a new one on me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012