Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A few questions about SR5, mainly astral signatures
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Gray Vagabond
Can only magicians erase astral signatures? Can mystic adepts, adepts, or aspected magicians?

Do you have to be physically there, or can you erase it from the astral (while astrally projecting?) Can you erase someone else’s astral signature? Can you have a spirit do it?

If a spirit uses a power on an object in the real world, does it leave the summoner’s astral signature? Does it matter if the spirit is bound or unbound?

RAW says the signature can be detected where the spell was cast and where it took effect. Do you have to be at one of those places to erase the signature? By “where it took effect,” I’m thinking if you cast a combat spell, the “place” would be the target of the spell, possibly a living being, right? If they moved, would someone be able to assense the signature from them? Would you need to be around them to erase the signature, or could you do it from where you cast the spell? If you cast a sustained spell on yourself, can you erase it from yourself?

Does a summoned spirit have the astral signature of the summoner on it? I think it does if it’s bound, but how about if it’s simply conjured?

And on a different topic, what is the exact effect of a Circle of Healing ritual? Does it cast the Health spell “Heal” on everyone in the circle while it lasts? Or can it be used to cast other Health spells, like “Antidote” or “Stabilize?”
SpellBinder
SR5, page 312 seems to suggest only Magicians can erase a signature, though IIRC in SR4 you just had to be able to astrally perceive to be able to do this (means Mystics and Adepts need the Astral Perception power). Personally I'd say anyone/thing that can be astrally active can wipe away an astral signature.

Physically being there? Well, likely no since Magicians can project and be in the area of the astral signature, but Mystics and Adepts obviously have to be physically there. Nothing about erasing an astral signature states it is limited to your own. I'd say spirits can do so to.

IIRC spirits have and leave their summoner's signature behind, bound or unbound. Now if it's a free spirit, then it leaves behind its own signature.

I'd say it would be the target of such spell. In the case of a combat AOE, well, the spot the spell happened would be the target as well as whoever happened to be in it, and can result in multiple spots where you've got the astral signature of the same spell all over the place.

On a related note, makes the Astral Chameleon quality and the Flexible Signature metamagic incredibly valuable for reducing the longevity of your astral signatures.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Aug 20 2014, 09:23 PM) *
On a related note, makes the Astral Chameleon quality and the Flexible Signature metamagic incredibly valuable for reducing the longevity of your astral signatures.

Indeed it does... My Mystic Adept from SR4 absolutely LOVED that combination.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012