Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fan Content
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
flowswithdrek
Somewhere, in one of the recent threads, possibly the DumpShock Improvements thread, there was talk of writing adventures and fan content among other things. This got me thinking. I knew I had, a long time ago, written up a load of notes for a shadowrun adventure. So I've spent days going through all my archives (I couldn’t even remember what it was called) and I've finally found it.

It’s called - The Wail Of The Dead

In my mind it was just a set of notes, but to my surprise it’s actually a fully fleshed out adventure and includes prologue, epilogue, synopsis, and set up, a series of encounters each with their own read out loud sections and main character backgrounds and stats, and matrix stats.
It has a few issues. The standard of writing isn’t very good, nay it’s terrible, but that was a long time ago biggrin.gif . The synopsis isn’t very clear and it mentions stuff that may be considered edition/era specific such as the Renraku Shutdown and Deus.

So just testing the water, but what I was wondering is:

1. Is DumpShock (or the GMs among you) interested in seeing it?
2. If I go to the hassle of rewriting the Synopsis and fixing the sorry state of the writing (its almost 16,000 words) would someone be willing to give it at the very least a rough edit for content, canon, and grammar? It doesn’t have to be professional but good enough that I won’t cringe with embarrassment a few years down the line.
3. If I can make it generic enough that it’s not edition specific is someone willing to re-stat the characters for [insert your favourite edition]? I’m not sure if the stats I have are accurate or have been copied from somewhere or just made up. If it was stated for multiple editions that would be fantastic.
4. Is there anyone willing to do a rough lay out job and make it a little easier on the eye?
5. Is someone willing to host it?
Redjack
QUOTE (flowswithdrek @ Jan 9 2015, 04:07 PM) *
5. Is someone willing to host it?
Yes.
flowswithdrek
Thanks Redjack

If I can get at the very least someone to stat the characters and someone to proof it, I would go ahead and start work on it.
binarywraith
You don't even really need hosting to get a shared working copy up. Just toss it up in Google Drive and set it to 'anyone with the link can view' sharing. This is also nice for editing, as you can give specific proofreaders editing/commenting permissions to make fixes and leave notes. I'd definitely be willing to give it a read, but my commentary on canon may not be too helpful as I'm still stuck in the 2050s. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012