Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throwing Weapon Ranges
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
PraetorGradivus
The main book has ranges for shuriken, throwing knives and grenades (both aerodynamic and non-aerodynamic).

Run and Gun tells you the ranges for boomerang and net.

What Run and Gun does not seem to state is the ranges for the Harpoon/Javelin and the Tomahawk.
Am I just not seeing it?

Also, Missile Mastery gives you the ability to throw improvised missile weapons but again there seems to be no mention of the ranges for these improvised missile weapons.

Any thoughts?
SpellBinder
Per the Run & Gun errata, the Harpoon/Javelin uses Aerodynamic Grenades ranges; the Urban Tribe Tomahawk uses Thrown Knife range.

Improvised throwing seems to have been overlooked for the Street Grimoire errata, and I can't find any reference short of going to SR4's Arsenal page 20.

Shinobi Killfist
With an accuracy of 3 it uses the you are going to miss anyway range tables.
Sendaz
Which is why you should throw Badgers.

Even if you miss, the other side now has an angry badger by them. nyahnyah.gif
PraetorGradivus
QUOTE (Shinobi Killfist @ Jan 22 2015, 05:01 PM) *
With an accuracy of 3 it uses the you are going to miss anyway range tables.

First , if you have nothing constructive to say, then you shouldn't say anything.

Second, accuracy three does not guarantee a miss.

Third, it came up in a game and so it needed to be addressed. And this is the proper medium to do it.

It is however not the proper medium to be disrespectful.
Medicineman
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Jan 22 2015, 05:14 PM) *
Which is why you should throw Badgers.

Even if you miss, the other side now has an angry badger by them. nyahnyah.gif

.....oO( one of these days I'll create a dwarf Sam with a set of Spurs and name him Badger.
Than we'll need a Troll with Throwing Skill (spezialized in Badgers) and let them Team up
for a Fastball Special wink.gif )

with a SCNR Dance (which is respectful though smile.gif )
Medicineman
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Jan 23 2015, 12:37 AM) *
.....oO( one of these days I'll create a dwarf Sam with a set of Spurs and name him Badger.
Than we'll need a Troll with Throwing Skill (spezialized in Badgers) and let them Team up

Medicineman
Curse you for reminding me of one of my worse players (the same who performed a Force 10 ball lightning spell that got his character, the entire party, opposition, and the subject they were trying to rescue). He was playing a female dwarf magician and was trying to emulate Aang. In one mission he actually convinced the troll in the party to throw him so he could try some fancy flying air blast spell with a front flip to land on his feet. Well, the spell went off fine, but he botched the Gymnastics test to land on his feet and instead landed on her face.
Medicineman
I had Wolverine and Colossus in Mind
( I gave enough Hints in my Post wink.gif )
Aang the last Airbender one of the greatest animation Series (The Movie was a Fail though)
which deserves its own RPG in its own world !
Trying to convert/emulate them in SR is not a good Idea

with an elemantary Dance
Medicineman
Shinobi Killfist
QUOTE (PraetorGradivus @ Jan 23 2015, 01:23 AM) *
First , if you have nothing constructive to say, then you shouldn't say anything.

Second, accuracy three does not guarantee a miss.

Third, it came up in a game and so it needed to be addressed. And this is the proper medium to do it.

It is however not the proper medium to be disrespectful.

First if you don't have a sense of humor don't post assuming is being disrespectful. Your question was answered,there is nothing anyone can add.

Second, it pretty much does as a tie goes to the defender. And a wage slave behind a cubicle wall is tossing 10 dice on defense. Yeah flukes happen, but they pretty much imbued the power of worthless into the main reason most people get this power with a accuracy of 3. Yeah your tomahawk hits harder, but most people want to be bullseye and kill you with a stapler.

Third again it was already addressed. Or yes they don't have the range table for that yet.

This is a hobby forum, people have fun here, people joke around. Read the awesome badger comment and lighten up.
Sendaz
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Jan 23 2015, 02:37 AM) *

Medicineman
Heh, that would be fun to see, if not to receive.

Course after launching Badgers, he can provide support fire with the Panther Cannon II

Medicineman
....oO(what is the Range of a CATapult....)

@Sendaz LOL

but I think we kidnapped the Thread long enough
(or else someone may think we're disrespectfull wink.gif )

with a tongue-in-cheek-Dance
Medicienman
PraetorGradivus
@Sendez> Let's leave out whether or not your comment was rude. Maybe I need to lighten up. Who knows these things.

If you have missile mastery, it behooves you to take Improved accuracy (Throwing Weapons).
Combined with a Take Aim that's accuracy 5...
Yes, Double tap with a sniper rifle and APDS is more efficient.
But there are plenty of places you can bring a zippo lighter that you can't bring a sniper rifle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012