Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Corporate Limited SIN,: Which Corporation?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
PraetorGradivus
When you take Limited Corporate (or Full Corporate for that matter) SINner quality are you limited to the big ten or can you take a AA or even A corporation such as Telestrian Industries?
I know the group GM can just rule this question, I was just wondering how people read the quality.
Medicineman
Any Corp You want ,any that fits Your Background.(that has Extraterritorial Rights)
Some GMs even prefer unknown Corps so that they have more leeway with handling that as a Plothook
I specially invented/created Parachuvia as an AA Corp for Metropole (Check out what parachuvia means wink.gif )
and OCP for Australia

with an open Dance
Medicineman
Sendaz
The main point with the Corp SIN is you are in someone's system somewhere, which could come back to haunt you.
PraetorGradivus
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Jan 26 2015, 12:50 PM) *
Any Corp You want ,any that fits Your Background.(that has Extraterritorial Rights)
Some GMs even prefer unknown Corps so that they have more leeway with handling that as a Plothook
I specially invented/created Parachuvia as an AA Corp for Metropole (Check out what parachuvia means wink.gif )
and OCP for Australia

with an open Dance
Medicineman

I googled parachuvia and didn't find it.
But I had a girlfriend who was Portugese and almost every word I ended in uas in Spanish, she ended with chuva...
so parachuvia=parauas, paraguas(umbrella)?

OCP...maybe..Omni Consumer Products (RoboCop), fictional megacorporation in the RoboCop movies

or if the umbrella is right, Oral contraceptive pill, in birth control

You've got me stumped...those were my guesses.
Mikado
QUOTE (PraetorGradivus @ Jan 26 2015, 02:47 PM) *
I googled parachuvia and didn't find it.
But I had a girlfriend who was Portugese and almost every word I ended in uas in Spanish, she ended with chuva...
so parachuvia=parauas, paraguas(umbrella)?

OCP...maybe..Omni Consumer Products (RoboCop), fictional megacorporation in the RoboCop movies

or if the umbrella is right, Oral contraceptive pill, in birth control

You've got me stumped...those were my guesses.

If it is Umbrella...

It would be the corporation from the Resident Evil games and movies. The one that created the "T" virus that zombified the planet.
Medicineman
Guys,
Parachuvia (to my info ,as chuvia means rain ) is Brazillian for Umbrella wink.gif
and it is the Corp from Resident Evil
and OCP IS Omni Consumer Products the Corp from Robocop

with an Oldschool Dance
Medicineman
PraetorGradivus
I knew dating a Portuguese speaking woman would be useful some day.
Shaidar
IIRC, only Double and Triple A Rated Megacorps have the extraterritorial rights.

So I'd judge that choices fro Corporate SINs are limited to The Big 10 (AAA rated megas) and a few named AA rated corps. From SR cannon: Atlantean Foundation, Big D's Corp (I forget the real name), Federated-Boeing, and Truman Technologies out of Chicago pre-Bug City would all be AA rated mega corps just to name a few.
Cain
QUOTE (Shaidar @ Jan 28 2015, 11:40 AM) *
IIRC, only Double and Triple A Rated Megacorps have the extraterritorial rights.

I believe single-A's can do it too, it's mentioned in Corp Shadowfiles. Which is why status is so important to corps, the further up the scale you are, the more power you have-- only the Corp Court can grant you an A or higher ranking.
PraetorGradivus
QUOTE (Shaidar @ Jan 28 2015, 03:40 PM) *

So I'd judge that choices fro Corporate SINs are limited to The Big 10 (AAA rated megas) and a few named AA rated corps. From SR cannon: Atlantean Foundation, Big D's Corp (I forget the real name), Federated-Boeing, and Truman Technologies out of Chicago pre-Bug City would all be AA rated mega corps just to name a few.

I forgot about extraterritoriality...yup, that should be the limiting factor on Corporate SINners, thanx

bernardo
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Jan 26 2015, 04:37 PM) *
Guys,
Parachuvia (to my info ,as chuvia means rain ) is Brazillian for Umbrella wink.gif
and it is the Corp from Resident Evil
and OCP IS Omni Consumer Products the Corp from Robocop

with an Oldschool Dance
Medicineman

here in Metropole we call that guarda-chuva... wink.gif

rain = lluvia (spanish)* = chuva (portuguese)

umbrella = paraguas (spanish) = guarda-chuva (portuguese)

* Argentinians pronounce that as "chuvia". They put that "ch" sound (wich sounds as a "j" for Brazillians) in most words.
Shortstraw
I suggest Aztechnology as they are warm and cuddly soft.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Jan 29 2015, 05:04 AM) *
I suggest Aztechnology as they are warm and cuddly soft.

And have the best interests of everyone held close to their corporate hearts. smile.gif
Sendaz
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jan 29 2015, 11:05 AM) *
And have the best interests of everyone held close to their corporate hearts. smile.gif

Granted those hearts are kept in small clay jars, but the intent is there. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012