Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Artifacts
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pollux710
I can't see anything in the rules so I wanted to posit a question to the Runner Community.

So, foci are basically just enchanted items that add dice to rolls of some kind. I hope I understand that correctly.

So what about artifacts, say, Charlamagnes Claymore? I feel there should be something much more than just a dice bonus for something of such significance.

What then could be given? My first thought was access to spell like effects but I am reticent to get all DnD on Shadowrun.

What do you all think?
bannockburn
In Street Magic, you'll find suggestions on how to create unique artifacts. The example is a sword that provides its advantages even to mundanes, but has a certain drawback.
There's nothing stopping you from creating something similar, but there are no hard rules for it.
Shortstraw
For higher power foci it might be appropriate just don't use the one from war!
Pollux710
Heheh you know I have yet to flip through War! Is it truly that bad?
Shortstraw
In parts yes.
Udoshi
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Feb 6 2015, 03:52 AM) *
In Street Magic, you'll find suggestions on how to create unique artifacts. The example is a sword that provides its advantages even to mundanes, but has a certain drawback.
There's nothing stopping you from creating something similar, but there are no hard rules for it.

Digital grimoire has expanded guidelines for this.
bannockburn
Ah, right. It's not in Street Magic at all. Thanks for the heads up, I misremembered that.
Sengir
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Feb 6 2015, 01:54 PM) *
For higher power foci it might be appropriate just don't use the one from war!

The necromantic artifact from the Tomb of Ancient Evil isn't even a focus, just a knife with upped stats. Also, don't mention the WAR! wink.gif

@Bannockburn: Maybe because the German version includes Digital Grimoire.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Pollux710 @ Feb 6 2015, 08:07 PM) *
Heheh you know I have yet to flip through War! Is it truly that bad?

There is always some bad... It really depends upon where your line is. For me, it was mostly good, with a few bad parts...
bannockburn
QUOTE (Sengir @ Feb 7 2015, 07:35 PM) *
@Bannockburn: Maybe because the German version includes Digital Grimoire.

Nah. I just misremembered wink.gif
Neraph
QUOTE (Pollux710 @ Feb 6 2015, 03:04 AM) *
I can't see anything in the rules so I wanted to posit a question to the Runner Community.

So, foci are basically just enchanted items that add dice to rolls of some kind. I hope I understand that correctly.

So what about artifacts, say, Charlamagnes Claymore? I feel there should be something much more than just a dice bonus for something of such significance.

What then could be given? My first thought was access to spell like effects but I am reticent to get all DnD on Shadowrun.

What do you all think?

Fun with Free/Ally Spirits!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012