Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: http://shadowrun.tumblr.com/Sports
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Curator
http://shadowrun.tumblr.com/Sports
is this 100% legit? I feel that my hometown got screwed, which is unfortunate since we're the 'city of champs'

no seriously, sports is the ONLY thing Pittsburgh, PA has, we wouldn't have corporate corruption or even gang wars. but we would have every sport
just saying, this universe needs some creative input. the world is bigger then they expect us to make up or fix.
hermit
I believe this is from Shadowbeat. So yes, this is legit.

On second look, though, I don't think Football (as opposed to American Football) was in Shadowbeat. Neat. My list decidedly lacks North American clubs. And the other lists seem modernized. Also neat.
DeathStrobe
That's the new up to date by 2077 standards list of professional sports teams. You'll see that the Nuggets and Broncos left Denver, just because evil blood Mexican mega corp moves back into town and a dragon and clown have a fight on the 16th Street Mall. Owners are so picky now-n-days.
Shaidar
It also apears to hosted by the same folks hosting the SRO sites. So I'd say the content is Canon, but not made by Catalyst.
Critias
It's legit, and compiled/updated by a freelancer, yes.

Philly's got combat biking, football, basketball, hockey, soccer, and baseball. I'm sorry you're bummed about it, but really, I think missing a canon urban brawl team (for all that I love it) isn't the end of the world, for any given city.
Sendaz
He's talking about Pittsburgh though, not Philly,(they are on opposite ends of Pennsylvania nyahnyah.gif ) and Pittsburgh only shows the Steeler's (football) and Penguins (Hockey).

Which goes back to the classic joke of why doesn't Ohio have a professional football team? Because if they get one Pennsylvania will want a couple too. nyahnyah.gif

But joking aside, really this goes all the way back to Shadowbeat and Pittsburgh not really making the lists much even back then.

Why? Maybe they wanted to consolidate and keep it one state, one team for the most part with the exception of the Steelers and Philly bribed the devs better otherwise, who can say? wink.gif
Curator
yea you're all correct. if i ever become an official delegate of what's what in SR, i'll paste the history in there the best i can. tbh if i ever write for SR, i'm ignoring that official list and putting sports in my city. cause literally that's all we have.. and beer. that's pittsburgh. hospitals and beer and sports. i don't like any of those btw
Sendaz
with blackjack and hookers!!

in fact,.,.. forget about the sports.

besides, there is nothing to say you can't include other teams for your campaign.

that could be a run or two in itself, as powerplayers send out runners to 'recruit' athletes for their new teams, undermine other runners work and all sorts of backroom dealing. wink.gif
Critias
D'oh! Sorry, sorry. I genuinely thought I read "Philadelphia" there, not Pittsburgh.

Curator, shoot me a PM. We'll talk about your favorite SR-sport and see if I can't work something in (it'll be in a novel, most likely, instead of a sourcebook, but it'll be a canon name-drop, at least).
hermit
Great ressource, Critas. I hope you don't mind I I add that to my canon lists.

A question about the leagues in American football: In Shadowbeat, there were essentially two major leagues, the Freedom League (CAS centric) and the UCAS-specific UCAS Football League. Have those evolved into NFL and AFL, or are these separate, international leagues? Same with the differently named leagues in Baseball and Basketball.

Also, what city are the Canadiens from? And what league, if any, do they play? They were mentioned in the Sprawl Survival Guide.
DarkSoldier84
QUOTE (hermit @ Mar 2 2015, 04:48 AM) *
Also, what city are the Canadiens from? And what league, if any, do they play? They were mentioned in the Sprawl Survival Guide.

Les Canadiens de Montreal were founded in 1909 and have been part of the National Hockey League since day one. One would wonder how the NHL has fared with the political shattering of North America.
hermit
Pretty well apparently. Montreal makes perfect sense. Thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012