Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Catching Up on the Sixth World
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Thanos007
So having read the rules for 4th and 5th and judging them to be wanting I still want to run in the modern era. What current source books will get me up to speed on current events? Preferably keeping it to one or two books.
Jaid
6th world almanac is probably the main one to look at, i guess. that'll take you clear up to 2072 according to the official description.

not sure if you need much beyond that... if you've seen the 5th edition rules, you presumably have the 5th edition core book, and there hasn't really been a ton of progression since that (yet) afaict.
Medicineman
6th world almanac is probably the main one to look at

this
and maybe the Stormfront Book
If you want to know more about Life & Lifestyle than you should get the Attitude book

Hough!
Medicineman
Smash
Seattle Sourcebook if you're running your game in Seattle (obviously).
Shaidar
Although, Emergence and Vice move the plot forward quite a bit as well.
Jaid
QUOTE (Shaidar @ Mar 30 2015, 03:38 AM) *
Although, Emergence and Vice move the plot forward quite a bit as well.

most of the books that are not primarily crunch move the plot forward in some way. the sixth world almanac should hopefully cover most of the large impacts up until 2072.

books like emergence and vice i would only recommend if you need more in-depth information about those specific subjects. if you're just looking at a general idea of what happened, they're rather overkill.
tete
Idk if I would say 6wa catches up, more like alternate reality. It's been awhile since I sat down with it and previous books but I know there is more than one place where they stomped on previous canon 6wa is a great book if you ignore previous canon though so well worth reading and buying
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012