Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 10 Terrorists is out!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Grinder
Get the PDF here.

Causes of Blood

There is no way to sugarcoat it—people in the Sixth World spend an awful lot of time coming up with reasons to kill each other. When it comes to moral codes, people don’t think they’re better than others because they don’t kill and others do—they compare the reasons for killing, ranking them, trying to justify the oft-unjustifiable. You can talk to a hundred people and get a hundred different opinions about what’s justified and what’s not, and about which motivations are worse than others, but consistently at the bottom of the list are those who would kill innocents for a cause, who would instill terror in people for political gain, because they see no other recourse.

10 Terrorists covers ten groups in the Shadowrun setting who add chaos and violence to an already chaotic and violent world to further their own twisted causes. From Seed, a Matrix terrorism group that split off Ex Pacis, to Logos, a group that combines environmental extremism with talislegging, these are groups that can add and danger and plot hooks to Shadowrun campaigns. Whether runners are infiltrating the groups, avoiding them, or dealing with the fallout from the chaos they cause, 10 Terrorists can increase the threat level of any Shadowrun game.

10 Terrorists is for use with Shadowrun, Fifth Edition.
hermit
A surprise PDF appears!

And it actually is rather good.

Some wonky bits (no, countrary to popular American belief, there weren't widespread satansit cults in medieval Europe; the idea of these cults, like the Brotherhood of Flesh, is an American paranoia of the late 80s and early 90s), one rather uninspirational one (seriously, Thugees are getting a tad old), but lots of good stuff too. I love Omega Dawn - a very good tool to keep kill-crazy combat PC in line - and have found immediate ways to use two others in my own game (the Aztlaner Spartacus is perfect for a plot I have long been building but yet been missing a piece. This is, basically, it). The others are also useful in their own way and imaginative, and the entire book is rather well written and has surprisingly little editing glitches.

Good stuff. 9/10 (-0,5 for medieval satanists, -0,5 for seen this before stuff).
Backgammon
Thanks for the review!
tasti man LH
First thought when I read the Omega Dawn entry was:

"Oh...so the Psycho Squad from CP2020 is officially in SR?"
Sengir
Did anyone read the novels which also came out?
Sendaz
my hardcopy of Crimson is on it's way and should be here next week.

They released the PDF the day after I ordered, figures. nyahnyah.gif

Prefer a solid book anyway. smile.gif
hermit
Did anyone read the novels which also came out?

Not yet, but I have it.
Kiryu
QUOTE (hermit @ Apr 26 2015, 08:22 PM) *
A surprise PDF appears!

And it actually is rather good.

I love Omega Dawn - a very good tool to keep hooding Shadowrunner PCs in line - and have found immediate ways to use two others in my own game (the Aztlaner Spartacus is perfect for a plot I have long been building but yet been missing a piece. This is, basically, it). The others are also useful in their own way and imaginative, and the entire book is rather well written and has surprisingly little editing glitches.

Good stuff. 9/10 (-0,5 for medieval satanists, -0,5 for seen this before stuff).

Omega seems perfect for Mirrorshades games. As word of their good deeds in the barrens reaches the news somehow. A couple of Omega Dawn member decides the barren isnt allowed to have nice things and sends a couple of strike teams to undo everything the runners did just to show how altruism is dead in the sixth world.

Better brush up on the company man attitude
Wounded Ronin
When I read the title my first thought was if the sourcebook was like Seven Against Thebes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012