Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ECM and Drones
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Hexariah
Hello again!

4e question once more. (This time I'll point that out from the start!) Imagine you have a drone with the Clearsight autosoft and a sensor rating of 6. The Batmobile has ECM 10 from Arsenal.

Your drone can't see the Batmobile, can it?

"If a vehicle’s Sensor rating does not exceed the rating of the ECM/jammer, the sensors are effectively useless." -- Arsenal, 105

Our rigger says: "Signature Masking reduces the pool by up to 6, but even so I'd have 4 dice left over (Sensor 6 + Clearsight 4). ECM just messes with the Signal rating." I'm so nooby I have no idea what's what.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you all for your patience!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
No worries. smile.gif

Signature Masking reduces the effective Sensor Rating. A Rating 6 Signature Mask will render you "mostly invisible to Sensors" against most things (Can't really get a Senor Rating above 6 after all) since they get no electronic return, and ECCM does not work against anything but ECM. It is stupid Expensive too, but well worth it to reduce their roll to simply Clearsight.

ECM makes it hard to lock on to a target through electronic bombardment (which is why it uses Jamming Rules), rendering Sensors useless if the ECM exceeds them. That does not mean that you are invisible, though, since you are putting out vast quantities of Electronic Countermeasures to confuse and render sensors useless. Anti-Radiation Munitions like such things, because a Rating 10 ECM is putting out Stupid amounts of electronic radiation. Additionally, all you need is a Sensor Rating 6 and ECCM 5 to defeat ECM 10. smile.gif

Sadly, Jamming has stupid low areas of effect when it comes to combat.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012