Hi guys

One of the most enjoyable characters I have ever played was a troll combination shaman, decker, samurai with not particularly strong stats in any of these areas. However, in total he was extremely playable and tended to sufficiently cover the gaps of the group, especially when rotating characters.

That character kind of evolved, the original intention was to start as an ex-ganger that discovered magical talent, but eventually branched into more cyberware and computers/electronics.

Based on this experience, I have been toying with the idea of designing such a character from scratch, to be the best possible mage/samurai combination. The goal is to make a character that is well rounded in terms of skills (i.e. can handle any relevant situation in a run well enough) and at the same time is more that just a competent mage and samurai.

Specifically, I would like to see it such a character can handle well summoning strong spirits, and casting reasonably high powered spells (in spite of a lower magic rating). Also, he should be able to hold his own in a fight in terms of initiative against a samurai.

The following applies:
  • More metahumans
  • Priorities adding up to 10 points
  • SRII rules

Ultimately, given Initiation and potential Cyberware upgrades as deltaware, this character can be the ultimate ass-kicking machine smile.gif

Here is my attempt to build such a character, welcome your comments and constructive critique smile.gif

Gabe

Attributes
Body 2
Quickness 2
Strength 1
Intelligence 2
Willpower 6
Charisma 8
Essense 3,01
Magic 3
Reaction 2
Initiative 6+3d6