Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drone Condition Monitors
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Moomin
a) Do Drones also have 8+(half BOD) boxes of condition monitor? I can't find where it says.

b) I found the rules for repairing damage to drones. Does that apply if they have been destroyed (i.e. condition monitor full of damage) or can they be repaired from that condition?
Medicineman
A ) Yes
B ) when they're destroyed they can't be repaired anymore.
they need (at Least) 1 Box leftover

HougH!
Medicineman
Moomin
Do you know where it says that?
Medicineman
nope, not anymore.
Sorry smile.gif

But I'm quite sure about it

HougH!
Medicineman
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Sep 13 2015, 02:13 PM) *
nope, not anymore.
Sorry smile.gif

But I'm quite sure about it

HougH!
Medicineman

I treat vehicles/Drones just like people when it comes to disabled as opposed to destroyed.
Damage Track = 8+ 1/2 Body
Overflow equal to Body.
So even when the vehicle has taken all its base Damage track, it is still repairable, as long as the overflow has not been exceeded.

You can disable a vehicle by putting a big enough slug into the engine compartment. But all you need do is replace the engine and viola, it runs again. Now, blowing it up such that the Overflow is exceeded means there really is not all that much left to repair. After all, even burned out cars can be repaired if you have enough time and money, and is still probably cheaper than buying a whole new car. smile.gif
Sendaz
QUOTE (Moomin @ Sep 13 2015, 03:59 PM) *
Do you know where it says that?

SR4A treats Drones as Vehicles and has it on page 167 under Vehicle Combat:

A vehicle’s Condition Monitor has a number of boxes equal to 8 plus half the vehicle’s Body attribute (round up).
Thus a Body 3 vehicle, for example, has 10 boxes on its Condition Monitor.

I am not sure about the Overflow that TJ mentions, all the character sheets I have seen for vehicles and drones only have the one condition bar and no overflow listed, but then vehicles are not my speciality.
SpellBinder
Vehicle Overflow could be a houserule, but one that I like. Essentially the vehicle or drone will no longer function once its regular Condition Monitor has been filled, but it is still salvageable in some way shape or form, be it salvage for parts or a full on restoration effort, as long as the Overflow has not also been filled, like restoring an old, rusted and burned out car.
Medicineman
The same with me too.
As long as the Damage is not in the "Overflow" it can still be repaired, but as soon as there is even one Damage Pip over the Max ( 8 + Bod/2 round up) a Vehicle is destroyed .
A Living being has a better/larger overflow because.....well, it lives smile.gif
( but this may be a Houserule, I don't know anymore)

with a living Dance
Medicineman
Sendaz
If you do allow Overflow, I would suggest that repair costs are increased for these (as these are probably deep structural-untwisting the frame, etc- think of it as being the difference between healing a cut and a bone) then when you are back to normal damage track normal costs apply.
KnightAries
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Sep 14 2015, 12:53 AM) *
If you do allow Overflow, I would suggest that repair costs are increased for these (as these are probably deep structural-untwisting the frame, etc- think of it as being the difference between healing a cut and a bone) then when you are back to normal damage track normal costs apply.

I would also add some kind of issue(s) with the vehicle (adds personality biggrin.gif ) if the vehicle went into "overflow" then rebuilt. And here's my thoughts on why. After a major accident I had a car that was just never the same. Alignment always felt off, the vehicle handling was never right again, even the way it ran was different.

I can see having overflow for vehicles and drones. Overflow is the point where the vehicle stops working completely but it is still technically repairable but the cost may not be worth it where after overflow there's just not enough left of it to repair like it went boom or similar effect.
Neraph
Gremlins.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012