Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vampires
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Baatorian
Alright, probably a simple one here. I remember, or swear I do at least, reading that vampires were dual natured, but a scan through Critters didn't show anything. Although critters didn't even say whether Ghouls were dual-natured or not.

So, are vampires dual natured? Does anyone know the book or whatever that has this written in?

Anyway, this interest came from the fact that I was discussing whether or not you could attack a vampire in astral space when it had assumed mist form, or whether it could attack you somehow. Then onto the fact that as a regenerating creatures, can it even be killed in astral space if it was in mist form, since it would have no spine or brain, as such.

What do you think of the last one too?

Thanks anyhow,

- Baatorian
Arethusa
Yes, I believe they are.
Ecclesiastes
Vampires are not dual natured. I just checked Critters.
Baatorian
Yes, I mentioned I had checked Critters. Critters also doesn't mention whether Ghouls or Shapeshifters are dual-natured. So it doesn't mean anything.

Thanks anyway,

- Baatorian
Austere Emancipator
Actually, Critters does mention that Ghouls and human forms of Shapeshifters are dual-natured. They have the Z after their Essence rating. Vampires do not, nor do Vampiric Pawns, so they aren't dual-natured.

Unless there is an error in Critters, which is a possibility.
Baatorian
Ahhhhh, thanks mate.

- Baatorian

Edit - Just to clarify - Myself and someone else are sitting around being confused and were looking under powers for clarification. Although I swear Vampires at least used to be dual-natured.. I wonder where I got that from.
Dax
Well, I checked the bit on the Ordo Maximus conspiracy in Threats 1 to see if it made any reference to wether vampires are dual natured or not, and I didn't see any direct notes to it.

But I would suppose they are. If HMHVV will make a Ghoul Dual natured, I suppose a Vampire would be dual natured as well.

Edit: Never mind then. =P
Austere Emancipator
Just because I'm bored, I'll make a list of HMHVV-critters divided to dual and non-dual:

Dual:
Bandersnatch
Ghoul
Nosferatu

Non-Dual:
Banshee
Dzoo-noo-qua
Fomorian
Goblin
Loup-garou
Vampire
Wendigo

Dual-natured HMHVV-critters are actually a minority. That only includes critters from the Critters book(let). I have no idea about Sasobosam or Drop-Bears (which I've only seen mentioned here).
Moonwolf
Drop bears are in Target: Australia/Awakened Lands.
Arethusa
Well, damn, that's why I get for never having looked into it. Thought everything with HMHVV was dual natured.
Glyph
Vampires are frequently magically active, which may be part of the confusion. Personally, I think it would almost make more sense if they were dual-natured. For one thing, it could explain the old myth that they need to be invited in - wards.
Crisp
Vampires are frequently magically active, which may be part of the confusion. Personally, I think it would almost make more sense if they were dual-natured. For one thing, it could explain the old myth that they need to be invited in - wards.

That's a very good call Glyph, I hadn't thought about it like that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012