Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reusing Biodrones
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sendaz
Biodrones.

Those marvels of meat and machine, expanding on what nature already provided around us.

You spend big nuyen to enchance them, you train them and in some cases grow attached to these furry/feathered/scaly little murder machines.

But like all things, they too shall pass.

Whether from wrangling with a bigger, badder biodrone or delaying security forces long enough to cover your escape from a run gone south or just the passage of time, sooner or later they come to their end of service.

Or do they?

The cagey runner is always looking to get the most bang for his money, so don't let the untimely demise of your biodrone mean losing a valuable asset altogether.

Rather, recognize the potential of the remains before you and do your part to Recycle and Reuse. nyahnyah.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
I have always loved the Idea of the Ares Land Shark Biodrone™ ...

A Bioengineered Tiger Shark (or larger variety if you prefer) that can breath both in Atmosphere and Water, fitted out with Skimmers and a Goad. You can bioengineer them and then just breed them/clone them and then add a bit of cheap 'ware, and let hem loose. Sharks skimming over the ground at speed would be a terrifying sight, in my mind. Doubly so if they can be rigged.
Sendaz
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Oct 5 2015, 05:43 PM) *

A Bioengineered Tiger Shark (or larger variety if you prefer) that can breath both in Atmosphere and Water, fitted out with Skimmers and a Goad. You can bioengineer them and then just breed them/clone them and then add a bit of cheap 'ware, and let hem loose. Sharks skimming over the ground at speed would be a terrifying sight, in my mind. Doubly so if they can be rigged.

Maybe SyFy will do a movie on them. wink.gif
Blade
For a Landshark gun?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Oct 5 2015, 04:17 PM) *
Maybe SyFy will do a movie on them. wink.gif

Don't have SyFy, but did they not just do something like that. Shark eats a Satellite and changes to a robo-shark of some sort?
Mine has been a running gag (though Manufactured by Mitsuhama) for years now. Ares R&D Department ran a Shadowrun on the project to acquire the test data and now they are working on the new and improved version...

One day I will stat it up and see how it works. smile.gif
BlackJaw
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Oct 5 2015, 02:43 PM) *

I love this thread.

I toyed around with a biorigger character build once, but I mostly stuck to trying to have animals that could pass for safe normal things you might see on the street (just my bog, not genetic monster full of cyberware). Chimeric creature rules are a bit odd, but you can do some fun things with them. Your land shark needs poisonous bites, for example.
Neraph
QUOTE (BlackJaw @ Oct 9 2015, 10:55 AM) *
I love this thread.

I toyed around with a biorigger character build once, but I mostly stuck to trying to have animals that could pass for safe normal things you might see on the street (just my bog, not genetic monster full of cyberware). Chimeric creature rules are a bit odd, but you can do some fun things with them. Your land shark needs poisonous bites, for example.

Always use Kraken armor. No reason not to and it's like 12 armor or something ridiculous.

EDIT: 9/12 armor.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Neraph @ Oct 9 2015, 02:57 PM) *
Always use Kraken armor. No reason not to and it's like 12 armor or something ridiculous.

EDIT: 9/12 armor.

What is this Dual Stated Armor you speak of? In SR5, There Can Be Only One Value for Armor. smile.gif
Neraph
Obviously it's from the 4th Edition Running Wild. I avoid 5th like it's D&D.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Neraph @ Oct 9 2015, 09:43 PM) *
Obviously it's from the 4th Edition Running Wild. I avoid 5th like it's D&D.

Hey... Nothing Wrong with DnD, as long as it is 3.5 Edition. smile.gif
Sendaz
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Oct 5 2015, 04:43 PM) *

Frank has heard your pleas....

Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Aug 17 2016, 08:09 AM) *

Smartest man of his era...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012