Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Catalyst just updated the upcoming books list
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Deckbeard
http://shadowrun.tumblr.com/upcoming

No actual indication of WHEN anything is coming out but we do have a comprehensive list of what is coming out in the near future. Personally, I cant wait for that SanFran e-book. And looks like Morocco has been confirmed as the next shadows in focus book.
Sendaz
##Untitled Critters Sourcebook

they need to also come out with Critter Silhouette Recognition Cards, with the image on one side and quick details on the other as if you were a runner looking at the data.

hermit
Okay, Morocco. Well then, that could be ... interesting.
Deckbeard
QUOTE (hermit @ Oct 20 2015, 12:28 PM) *
Okay, Morocco. Well then, that could be ... interesting.

What do we know about Morocco as of right now? The wiki has like three lines so I guess it could desperately use some fleshing out.
Sendaz
Morocco is actually a pretty good locale.

Having access to both the Atlantic ocean and Mediterranean Sea as well as being an alternative way into Africa other the Ivory coast options.

Traditionally it had a lot of tourist trade, which if it still does means getting in and out is not as bad as areas where they are more suspicious of anyone turning up wanting entry.

Magic wise, it probably is a bit more open to it, having a long history of sorcerers and witches operating there that you would not see in many countries further to the East.
Fabe
Rigger 5 is still at the top of my list of supplements I'm eagerly waiting for but I think the Seattle sprawl set just made the number 2 spot.
hermit

It certainly is. That's not what I'm concerned about.
Medicineman

better than Butte anyway wink.gif

Hough!
Medicineman
KnightAries
QUOTE (Fabe @ Oct 20 2015, 04:50 PM) *
Rigger 5 is still at the top of my list of supplements I'm eagerly waiting for but I think the Seattle sprawl set just made the number 2 spot.

As much as I want to agree with you; hasn't the rigger books become the mark of doom for current edition?
Sendaz
QUOTE (KnightAries @ Oct 21 2015, 06:12 AM) *
As much as I want to agree with you; hasn't the rigger books become the mark of doom for current edition?

It has at times, however as Mr Hardy listed it below:

Rigger 5: Just what it sounds like! And years before the end of Fifth Edition …

They are really trying to have it come out in a more timely manner so you might actually get to use it before 6th rolls around. wink.gif
hermit
The Rigger Blackbook and Rigger 3 were released mid-edition too. The Rigger 3 Revised (aka the re-translated and massively de-derped German Rigger 3.01D) came at the end of E3, just as Rigger 2 came near the end of E2, but those were each the *second* rigger book for the respective edition.
Jaid
QUOTE (hermit @ Oct 21 2015, 09:55 AM) *
The Rigger Blackbook and Rigger 3 were released mid-edition too. The Rigger 3 Revised (aka the re-translated and massively de-derped German Rigger 3.01D) came at the end of E3, just as Rigger 2 came near the end of E2, but those were each the *second* rigger book for the respective edition.

alternately, maybe fabe is eagerly awaiting the death of 5e nyahnyah.gif
Fabe
QUOTE (Jaid @ Oct 21 2015, 10:26 AM) *
alternately, maybe fabe is eagerly awaiting the death of 5e nyahnyah.gif

No,I just want a rigger book since thats what I'm currently playing. Also I only got into Shadowrun with 4th edition so I don;t really know about this whole thing of rigger books marking the end of a edition. I mean how long was it after rigger 3 until 4th edition was announced?
Link
QUOTE (hermit @ Oct 21 2015, 01:55 PM) *

Rigger 2 is the only Rigger book for second edition to the best of my knowledge. RBB is first ed. and R3/R3 Revised third ed.
hermit
Was the updated 2E RBB German-only? I thought it was not, but I may be wrong.
Link
There is no revised RBB for first or second (English) edition. It didn't occur to me that the core books were much different in the German game.

Are you familiar with the revised (for 2E) Street Samurai Handbook? Is the revised RBB similar in its revisions?

The idea of a revised RBB is interesting, it is one of my favourite books from first edition.
hermit
Are you familiar with the revised (for 2E) Street Samurai Handbook? Is the revised RBB similar in its revisions?

Yes, very similar. There also was a revised Shadowtech, which made me think the revised RBB was English and translated too, with some German extra content as usual (it did have that).
Link
Revised Shadowtech too, my goodness.
Sengir
QUOTE (hermit @ Oct 21 2015, 02:15 AM) *
It certainly is. That's not what I'm concerned about.

We already have (for three editions running) the population with dark, beady eyes and an inborn tendency for savage aggression (and just so you get no illusions where the author got his ideas from, it's their testosterone levels) -- how much worse can it get?
hermit
how much worse can it get?

Three words: Free Murica Corps.
Sengir
QUOTE (hermit @ Oct 23 2015, 07:52 PM) *
Three words: Free Murica Corps.

Also already exists (and all that beating off also causes someone to have an increased testosterone level). The question was how much worse they could make it biggrin.gif
hermit
Well, it combines two awful things (okay, one proven awful thing and one with a very large potential for awfulness) for more awfulness.
Wakshaani
QUOTE (KnightAries @ Oct 21 2015, 05:12 AM) *

For teh record, I pushed for Rigger 5 to be the FIRST book after the core.

I didn't win that arguement, but when 6th rolls around? I'll be pitchin' for it again.

(And has anyone linked the first bit of art from Rigger 5 here yet? Because it's Macktastic.)
Fabe
They're previewing art from rigger 5? Please share.

never mind a quick Google search found it.

http://catalystgamelabs.tumblr.com/post/13...un-rigger-5-art

Looks like pink Mohawk riggers have just found their new ride
Sendaz
Definitely a sweet pic and tip of the hat to the artist drawing that.

Not trying to be funny, but the question is did that come off the factory line with all that or is there a mod system to let us make that?
I ask as it mentioned one of the most commonly installed close defense systems is flamethrowers.
So again, will we be able to get a baseline Hellhound and trick it out, or is it like the Master line and you get MobMaster, Citymaster, Donutmaster where you can only select from a few variants?

Sure it is nice that it is bristling with weapons, but if the new book only gives us premade engines of destruction but no modding system, a lot of riggers are still going to feel cheated.

No too unlike how some mages feel about a lack of a cohesive spell creation system.

Let's hope for the best. smile.gif
Wakshaani
Well now, it'd be silly to make the art for a thing that showed off tons of add-ons, rather than what you get when you buy it. smile.gif

As for add-ons? A book on vehicles and drones that didn't include some rules on how to tinker with 'em would be a bad idea, I'd think.
Fabe
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Nov 8 2015, 05:14 AM) *
Definitely a sweet pic and tip of the hat to the artist drawing that.

Not trying to be funny, but the question is did that come off the factory line with all that or is there a mod system to let us make that?
I ask as it mentioned one of the most commonly installed close defense systems is flamethrowers.
So again, will we be able to get a baseline Hellhound and trick it out, or is it like the Master line and you get MobMaster, Citymaster, Donutmaster where you can only select from a few variants?

Sure it is nice that it is bristling with weapons, but if the new book only gives us premade engines of destruction but no modding system, a lot of riggers are still going to feel cheated.

No too unlike how some mages feel about a lack of a cohesive spell creation system.

Let's hope for the best. smile.gif

Sounds like it comes off the lot like that but That does not mean that there will be no mod rules. I'm sure we'll still be able to turn a standard bulldog step van into similar rolling arsenal of destruction .
Sengir
QUOTE (Fabe @ Nov 8 2015, 06:07 AM) *
Looks like pink Mohawk riggers have just found their new ride

If it's an off-the-shelf model intended for a soul crushing nine to five delivery drives, does that really count as pink mohawk anymore? biggrin.gif
Fabe
QUOTE (Sengir @ Nov 8 2015, 02:12 PM) *
If it's an off-the-shelf model intended for a soul crushing nine to five delivery drives, does that really count as pink mohawk anymore? biggrin.gif

9 to 5? no way. that thing is for the long haul trucker traveling from city to city on highways that are like the fury road to Valhalla. Dealing with go gangers and bandits might be common for them but once you're barreling though downtown Seattle with the hammer down all those guns blazing I think you're in pink mohawk territory
JonathanC
QUOTE (Deckbeard @ Oct 20 2015, 08:44 AM) *
http://shadowrun.tumblr.com/upcoming

No actual indication of WHEN anything is coming out but we do have a comprehensive list of what is coming out in the near future. Personally, I cant wait for that SanFran e-book. And looks like Morocco has been confirmed as the next shadows in focus book.

Is there a reason they haven't updated their own website? Seems like shadowruntabletop.com should be up to date as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012