The Arsenal Arms Dual Barrel .45

http://www.guns.com/2012/03/10/arenal-fire...-barrel-pistol/

http://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/arse...-barrel-pistol/

And a 500 round ammo feed 'drum for a machine gun
http://www.army.mil/article/67318/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MEnEPDUA1o

Stats...anyone?
Zednark
The first to are really just two guns glued together, so I'd say the same rules for dual wielding apply. As for the last one, I'd just say that a backpack hopper costs 50¥, holds 500 rounds, and counts as a single belt. Of course, you'd need a belt fed weapon, so just MGs, really.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Zednark @ Feb 16 2016, 06:22 PM) *
The first to are really just two guns glued together, so I'd say the same rules for dual wielding apply.

Not really. If you pull the trigger on a double-barreled weapon, both rounds are going to the same place. You're not making two attacks, you're making one attack with two concurrent bullets.

I'd say it doubles recoil (because it's literally doubling the recoil!) but on a successful attack, you resolve damage twice. That is not the same thing as doubling damage, mind you, but resolving it as two separate attacks that land with the same successes.

As for the last one, I'd just say that a backpack hopper costs 50¥, holds 500 rounds, and counts as a single belt. Of course, you'd need a belt fed weapon, so just MGs, really.

It shouldn't be hard for a Shadowrunnian gunsmith to convert pretty much any weapon to belt feed, the question is if it's worth it.
binarywraith
Yeah, that's been a thing since the first weapon customization rules. The only real benefit of belt fed is that you have to use an action to reload a lot less often. biggrin.gif

I'd also give dual barrel rifles an accuracy penalty unless they're firing both barrels at once for uneven recoil. Means you have to pay attention to which barrel's going off next rather than just hang on against steady pounding.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Feb 16 2016, 09:15 PM) *
It shouldn't be hard for a Shadowrunnian gunsmith to convert pretty much any weapon to belt feed, the question is if it's worth it.

If you know you're going into a gunfight and you're not strong enough to lug around a LMG, then yes.
Medicineman
I miss the Dual Clips from SR4A
two Clips with different Ammo for different Situations (Flechette for Personnel and APDS for Hard(er) targets)
such a Weapon made the Chars a tad mor professional or effective

with a more effective Dance
Medicineman
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (binarywraith @ Feb 16 2016, 11:48 PM) *
Yeah, that's been a thing since the first weapon customization rules. The only real benefit of belt fed is that you have to use an action to reload a lot less often. biggrin.gif

Some people like the security of that. Other people prefer to hit with the first burst and go home.

I'd also give dual barrel rifles an accuracy penalty unless they're firing both barrels at once for uneven recoil. Means you have to pay attention to which barrel's going off next rather than just hang on against steady pounding.

I would assume any such weapons have been synchronized to fire simultaineously.

QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Feb 17 2016, 12:34 AM) *
If you know you're going into a gunfight and you're not strong enough to lug around a LMG, then yes.

If you're not strong enough to lug around an LMG, how are you managing a backpack with 500 rounds of ammo in it and some kind of feeder mechanism?
Though I guess there is a difference between weight strapped to your back and weight in your arms...
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Feb 17 2016, 01:44 AM) *
I would assume any such weapons have been synchronized to fire simultaineously.

Why? Not how it works in real life weapons with 2/3 barrels now (at least ones I have (double barrelled shotguns, rifles or Drillings) - some of the crazy ones do fire simultaneously, to be sure, like the ones that are literally 2 weapons mated together)... You can fire one, the other or both.
Medicineman
there are even some Dual and Trippelbarrel Shotguns for SR5 in the German Shadowbooks.
But they're German only material

with a Dual Dance
Medicineman
Sendaz
How I have images in my head of a double barrelled shotgun, over and under, with a revolver style chambering for the rounds except the outer ring (for the top barrel) and inner ring (for the bottom barrel) can rotate independently of the other to get the right combo shot for you.

Dual drum would probably be more sensible, but the big shotgun revolver look just stuck in the head.
Zednark
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Feb 17 2016, 10:48 AM) *
there are even some Dual and Trippelbarrel Shotguns for SR5 in the German Shadowbooks.
But they're German only material

with a Dual Dance
Medicineman

There's an over-under hunting shotgun in the American 5e corebook. That said, I am now curious about this tri-barreled shotgun.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Feb 17 2016, 03:44 AM) *
If you're not strong enough to lug around an LMG, how are you managing a backpack with 500 rounds of ammo in it and some kind of feeder mechanism?

Though I guess there is a difference between weight strapped to your back and weight in your arms...

Sorry, Shadow, I mean strong enough to handle the recoil of a LMG. With the double recoil of MGs, that puts it out of the range of most characters. The orks and trolls doesn't give a damn, if you have a hacker with some muscle augmentation, he can carry that pack and in between hacks can lay down some suppressive fire.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012