Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Batman
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
2XS
How would you build a 2070 Batman? Lots of Charisma, tons of martial arts to be sure, but do you see him as more Street Samurai (this is my take) or Adept (which could work, but I don't know that it fits the concept very well.)

As a Street Sammich, how would you kit him out? If you'd rather an Adept Batman, what powers would you take?
Renard
I'd see him more as a Sammy because I think it fits the theme of superior intellect meeting technology better (Also it feels like there's this Adept inflation going on, which I don't particularly like, but thats my personal feeling).

- muscle toner, enzephalon, some initiative boost, perhaps a reflex recorder and the sleep managing thingy. Things like Orthoskin would depend on essence and the damage-proof quality of his suit. Assuming money is not an issue, its an interesting thought experiment, as the ware needs to be subtle and not too easy to track

'Excuse me, Mr Wayne, just a small malfunction in the4 cyberwarescanner. Would you mind if we quickly used the hand scanner ? Just a formality !'
KarmaInferno
I went with everything.

(4th edition Old Man Jones is basically an elderly Bruce Wayne expy. Cyber'd Mystic Adept with vehicles and drones and an Ally Spirit that may or may not look like that female version of Robin from DKR. And a tricked out set of Agents that do pretty well at hacking and all resemble a certain butler.)

-k
2XS
I like the Agent idea: ALFRED: Agent Loaded For Running Every Device. He could tell the agent what he needs, ALFRED could then organize drones to carry out tasks.

An Ally Spirit "Robin?" Another awesome idea, especially since iirc you don't have to be awakened to summon one.
2XS
I like the Agent idea: ALFRED: Agent Loaded For Running Every Device. He could tell the agent what he needs, ALFRED could then organize drones to carry out tasks.

An Ally Spirit "Robin?" Another awesome idea, especially since iirc you don't have to be awakened to summon one.
Ed_209a
I would also make him a bioware-heavy sammy/investigator.

The skill and contact list would need to be impressive. As would be the price tag of his augments. After all, he has to both fit into high society and wipe the floor with a handful of well armed hopped up gangers.

Then there is Waynetech. I'd call it a AA mega. A lot of Waynetech's operations would be to secretly support Batman's operations. It would definately have a Beta clinic, maybe its own Delta clinic.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Ed_209a @ Feb 24 2016, 06:11 PM) *
I would also make him a bioware-heavy sammy/investigator.

The skill and contact list would need to be impressive. As would be the price tag of his augments. After all, he has to both fit into high society and wipe the floor with a handful of well armed hopped up gangers.

I can see him with having cyber eyes & ears, an olfactory booster, and a commlink (or cyberdeck if SR5) as his only cyber. All the augmentation would be Beta grade. I'd also add in a cosmetic mod to make his cyber eyes look more life like.

QUOTE (Ed_209a @ Feb 24 2016, 06:11 PM) *
Then there is Waynetech. I'd call it a AA mega. A lot of Waynetech's operations would be to secretly support Batman's operations. It would definately have a Beta clinic, maybe its own Delta clinic.

If WayneTech had a Delta clinic, then Bruce would either sell to a AAA corp, or meet an "unfortunate accident". Beta is good enough to make Bruce very formidable, but Delta is a step too far.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Feb 24 2016, 06:07 PM) *
If WayneTech had a Delta clinic, then Bruce would either sell to a AAA corp, or meet an "unfortunate accident". Beta is good enough to make Bruce very formidable, but Delta is a step too far.

Why? Delta Grade is no longer the Holy Grail of Augments... It is definitely high end, but not as inaccessible as it was in SR1, SR2, or SR3.
Raiderj
Now I wonder how the Major events of the sixth world would have been changed if Batman was involved... he'd be number one on every single Mega kill list for sure.
Zednark
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Feb 25 2016, 10:41 AM) *
Why? Delta Grade is no longer the Holy Grail of Augments... It is definitely high end, but not as inaccessible as it was in SR1, SR2, or SR3.

Yeah. Getting Rating 1 Delta Cybereyes is actually easier than getting Rating 3 Wired Reflexes Standard. It only really bites you in the ass when your 'ware is already expensive/rare.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Feb 25 2016, 10:41 AM) *

The reason I think that Delta should be so hard to obtain is that unlike Beta and lesser quality, there are only a few places that will implant Deltaware. Beta is the highest rating that I think you could get away with being anonymous.
BangBangTequila
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Feb 25 2016, 08:20 PM) *
The reason I think that Delta should be so hard to obtain is that unlike Beta and lesser quality, there are only a few places that will implant Deltaware. Beta is the highest rating that I think you could get away with being anonymous.

I disagree, when you take into account billionaire playboys that channel tens of millions into an off the books R&D department. If you've got the money, you can buy out a subsidiary deltaware clinic. Or at least put enough money into buying anonymity (no clinic is saying no to a 100 000 bonus for not looking too carefully, and Mr Fox would be able to make a persuasive argument for C^2 being carefully applied through the sprinkler system afterwards.

Alternatively, there are top secret records under confidentiality agreements, and Batman can definitely wipe those records later. He could do it.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Feb 25 2016, 06:20 PM) *

At the levels of expense you are discussing for a Delta Clinic, you are paying for their discretion as well. Delta Clinics are no longer just 10 in the world... and even if they are, so what. If you have the money and the connections to utilize a Delta Clinic, then you have the money and the connections to remain annonymous.
2XS
For the sake of argument, what about Batman as a Technomancer? Using his infiltration skills to access the most remote/secure systems as part of his investigation. Lots of tiny, stealthy drones for a TacNet and situational awareness, Immersion for the abilities that simulate bioware... I don't remember the particulars for that last bit, so I don't know how viable/useful it would be.

At any rate, it seems to me that in order to be the detective we know him to be, Batman would either need to be a TM, or maybe Alfred could be one, unlocking terminals when necessary.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (2XS @ Feb 27 2016, 03:22 AM) *
For the sake of argument, what about Batman as a Technomancer? Using his infiltration skills to access the most remote/secure systems as part of his investigation. Lots of tiny, stealthy drones for a TacNet and situational awareness, Immersion for the abilities that simulate bioware... I don't remember the particulars for that last bit, so I don't know how viable/useful it would be.

At any rate, it seems to me that in order to be the detective we know him to be, Batman would either need to be a TM, or maybe Alfred could be one, unlocking terminals when necessary.

Good idea, but sorry doesn't feel like Batman. I'd swing more along the line of him being a Adept. We know he's studied martial arts and its more esoteric aspects. Now I can see him with a commlink (SR4) or a cyberdeck (SR5) built into his armor and him hacking his way through using his "detective" skills.
2XS
Truthfully I don't think an Awakened Batman feels right. Part of what I love about the character is that he goes up against "magical" threats all the time and wins with no powers to speak of. Batman is the guy who'd pwn an adept by luring them someplace with BGC, taking away their edge and once again giving him the upper hand. If only there were mana static grenades or something...

As far as cracking, though, how much of a disadvantage would it be for him to hack without being a TM?
Renard
Keep in mind he has WayneCorp. I'd figure he has someone do the hacking for him. Lucius Fox comes to mind.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (2XS @ Feb 28 2016, 02:48 AM) *
Truthfully I don't think an Awakened Batman feels right. Part of what I love about the character is that he goes up against "magical" threats all the time and wins with no powers to speak of. Batman is the guy who'd pwn an adept by luring them someplace with BGC, taking away their edge and once again giving him the upper hand. If only there were mana static grenades or something...

As far as cracking, though, how much of a disadvantage would it be for him to hack without being a TM?

2XS, I can see that. A magical Batman, while allowing him to be as physically active as he is without cyberware, would be a bit of a cop out, but unless you augment him to the eyeballs, then I don't see how he could compete.

The problem with augmenting him like that would be that his social skills would be crap (negative modifier for cyber), and we know how Bruce likes the ladies. It may be a cover, but we know he likes it. nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012