Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Making a The Host-inspired critter for my Hong Kong run
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tias
(SR 4E!)

So I'm having a game in Hong Kong, and I want my players to experience some Mutant Horror :3

I'm not impressed with the selection in Running Wild, that seems to focus on fish and leeches. I just watched the Host, and would like a much larger, ornery melee beast, with the capacity to hide and move in the water treatment and sewage areas of the sprawl.

What would be a good set of stats and powers? It's going up against a versatile team of 5 starting characters.
Zednark
What, exactly, is the Host? A good description would help.
Tias
QUOTE (Zednark @ Apr 23 2016, 03:43 PM) *
What, exactly, is the Host? A good description would help.

Oh dear spirits, it seems the Twilight author is making a film of the same name eek.gif

I am referring to this film: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Host_(2006_film)

Basically, it's a beast that grows to gargantuan size after some jackass army doctor dumps chemical waste into a sewer. It looks like a lungfish/cave lizard/squid blend, but I'm open to ideas.
Zednark
I truthfully have no idea.
Stahlseele
The Incubus/Sewer-Kraken maybe? BIG Kraken that lives, as the name says, in the Sewers.
Or a big damn shambler? Which is an awakened Hermit Crab. Very Carnivorous.
It adds the husts of its victims to it's shell for further protection and so on . .
Ophis
Are there rules for the giant sea leach things that live in SF Bay?
Stahlseele
can't find any in the SR5 book.
FriendoftheDork
Why not just a toxic free spirit?
Renard
I'd say take an animal you've always liked, increase some attributes to buff its size and then hit it with the SURGE stick until it no longer moves nyahnyah.gif
Theres a lot of freaky stuff in there that can also work wonders for animals !
Tias
Cool, thanks. I'll look around smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012