Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats up with Street Grimoire?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Larsenex
So I am reading around and the 5th Ed of our Mage book, Street Grimoire seems to not only not be in print but the few copies I found are 200 dollars and I have also read that the book has many errors, and is poorly organized and numerous inconsistencies. I really wanted to supplement my game with it. I consider the 4 (mage, decker, rigger, Samurai) books as core books for players.

Is Catalyst redoing the book or is there going to be a release that fixes things?

Should I wait and see?
Mantis
Redoing it? Why would they do that? It's perfect as is. sarcastic.gif And I think 6th ed may be out before that happens. What I'm saying here is Catalyst doesn't have the best track record when it comes to errata or fixing things in reprints. So you could wait and see. Maybe this time will be different. Maybe.
If you want the book I'd get in PDF from DrivethruRPG for $25.00 rather than $200 from whatever hard copy source you found. That way if there ever is a fixed release, you will get the updates without having to buy a new book. (An advantage of PDFs)
MrGlee
Some SG errata if you want to see some of the stuff that needed to be corrected.
Ryu
Availabilty and cost unknown to me. Buy pdf, go to a print service, print in the best quality they offer. Take pile of paper, go to a book-binder. Talk about the options there. If - IF - you spend 200$, be one happy customer to Catalyst, the print service and the book binder. Stress happy, not customer.
OrinjFlames24
I'd call up the local game stores around your area. I got lucky and found one special edition for $35. Either that or wait for it to be reprinted (which probably won't happen to be honest).
binarywraith
Yeah, Catalyst is giving a distinct impression of a company that is effectively done.
Beta
Over on ShadowGrid, one of the freelancers (who often communicates what is coming) said at the end of March:
Update...targeting to release errata in April, in line with re-printing Street Grimoire.

Now, we've not seen the new errata, but that does suggest that there is at least a plan to be re-printing the book, presumably with errata added in. Which would suggest why it is currently out of print. So.... there may be hope for a new printing, although who knows when it will actually happen (or if it happens.... they need cash up front for a new printing, and they have other, newer, products, to get out on the market .... )
Larsenex
Thanks, Its May so I wonder if a new book will be ever released. I may pony up the money for the PDF.

Thank you all very much!
Glyph
If you are looking at Amazon, keep checking. I was in the same situation when I was trying to buy Chrome Flesh - nothing but third party sellers with ludicrous prices. Then I saw a used copy for around $25.00 pop up, and snatched it right up.
Sengir
QUOTE (Glyph @ May 7 2016, 01:11 PM) *
If you are looking at Amazon, keep checking. I was in the same situation when I was trying to buy Chrome Flesh - nothing but third party sellers with ludicrous prices. Then I saw a used copy for around $25.00 pop up, and snatched it right up.

Yeah, I doubt anyone actually buys the books for $200, but when all the realistic offers sell within a day or so, all that remains online are the offers nobody takes wink.gif

I am curious however why this only affects SG. Is it so much more in demand than R&G, was the print run smaller, or is somebody hoarding copies?
Larsenex
Is the book itself out of print?

I was wondering if you can purchase it directly from the publisher.
Mantis
I think it is out of print. Battleshop (Catalyst's store) doesn't list it as available.
You can double check for yourself through this.
http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=28_193
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012