Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR5: Full Auto as a Complex Action
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Black Mamba
A character fires Full Auto as a Complex Action, which imposes a -9 Defense Modifier. The target of the attack only has 5 dice to roll for their defense, leaving 4 points of the penalty unaccounted for. I read somewhere that the deficit results in a DV increase for the attack, but I can’t remember where. I also can’t recall if it was in SR5 or SR4A.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? If so, could you please direct me to a book and page number?
Sendaz
In SR4A pg 154 your full auto had the option of narrow and wide Bursts with Narrow (basically focus fire)giving you up to +9DV while the wide version (spreading your fire to increase chance to hit hit) gave up to a -9 Dice toward the target's Defence against it.

In SR5 pg 190 there is no equivalent of Narrow burst for Full Auto, rather all bursts are what was called Wide in 4th, applying a penalty to defence.

However, in Run & Gun pg 110 they do offer the Optional Rule RG6:
QUOTE (RC6 Run & Gun pg 110)
DAMAGE FOR NO DEFENSE
If an attack decreases a target’s Defense Test pool below 0 dice, additional penalties are added to the DV of the attack at a rate of 1 DV per two lost dice.
This makes Full Auto or Burst Fire attacks against unaware or restrained foes truly deadly.

edit:Of course if someone knows they are facing full auto they may sacrifice some initiative and go with the full defense option to try and add Willpower (or other stats depending on special qualities) to their defense.

I believe this fits what you were looking for?
Black Mamba
That's precisely it. Thanks, Sendaz! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012