Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More game play questions.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Larsenex
Greetings again. I am running the living campaign module Our lady of Mercy. I have some questions about the numbers of opponents or critters.

For example in the 2nd module which is called 'Search', on the second safehouse has IOC members and Guards. The Members have stats and a Professional Rating of 6 and the Guards are Pro 4. Nowhere does it tell me how many of each the team is to face.

Where would I find the number of enemies in this encounter? <<< This is most important, maybe I'm missing it.

Also....Watchers.... I promise Ill look it up but how do they work? How can a player counter them? Do they attack, do they flee? How do I describe the watchers to a mage player who is searching the building from distance in the Astral Plane? EDIT>> I found this entry in the book and also found Pro Rating. How does one use a watcher and can anyone give me examples? Does a watcher stand and fight or leave?

I see they are astral only so that limits what they can do.

Thanks, all your help go to playing a better game!
Medicineman
Also....Watchers.... I promise Ill look it up but how do they work?

If You promise than OK wink.gif

Ahhhhm, its 5the ed ,right ?
in 5the Ed Watchers are ritually summoned mini spirits, (in 4th ed they could be summoned like any other full grown spirit)
they can NOT materialise and attack non Dual .they're astral beings that can manifest and distract (by screaming and flying in front of)
Mundanes.
You should check the difference between materialisation and Manifestation wink.gif
they could attack astral and Dual beings though.
They are mostly used as errand boys (I often used them to fly to a food Parlor to order Food) and too look out in the Astral to warn the Mage beforehand.
or to search (but they were terribly incompetent at RAW in 4th ed because they were stuck at being Force 1 Minispirits. Now in SR5 they can be of higher Force but you need to know a Ritual to "Summon" them).
in 3rd Ed they where a secret Weapon because they could swarm and "Nibble down" a Dual Enemy by sheer force of Numbers

How can a player counter them?

only a Mage or Dual being can destroy them (easily)
anybody else must geek the Mage first wink.gif
OR lure them to an Area with Backgroundcount

I see they are astral only so that limits what they can do.

they can manifest right in front of a Mundane Char and scream his (nonexistent) Lungs out, which is quite a distraction wink.gif
especially if the opponent Mage has a handfull of them circling around the Mundane like Sattelites

with a distracted Dance
Medicineman
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012