Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4 Gear Clarifications
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mantis
This only applies to SR4. I want to ask if there has ever been any consensus on a few bits of gear.

First up is the CMT Clip commlink. Is this a typo and it was supposed to be MCT Clip? This would make sense since MCT is supposed to be a computer company yet they make no brand name commlinks. I've never heard of a company called CMT.

Second is the plethora of collapsible pistols in Arsenal. We have a stat block for something called the Collapsible Heavy Pistol but no fluff for it (pg 23 Aresenal). We also have a stat block for something called the WW Infiltrator in the compiled table on pg 175 of Arsenal but again no fluff. This weapon is different from the Collapsible Heavy Pistol as well.
So was there ever any fluff for these guns? Were they statted and then the fluff removed? If so any idea why?

Third and last, was there ever any errata on the emotitoys? That is why does the toy cost so much less than the software it comes with? Never mind the cheese factor of the thing. I've got a house rule that works (basically it acts as a teamwork test so if you suck at the skill it isn't going to help you that much).

Glyph
They have made-up brand names for commlinks and OS's that are not restricted to the megacorps, so it is hard to tell, especially for the cheapest model of commlink.

The description of the WW Infiltrator is on page 24, the last entry before they start on submachine guns. The Collapsible Heavy Pistol is missing any description at all - I would either just use the PSK-3, or assume that the Collapsible Heavy Pistol is a generic knock-off of the PSK-3.

Emotitoys and empathy software were overpowered and cheesy - almost every GM house rules them to some degree or other. I assume the higher (but still comparatively low) cost of the software is for actual professional runners who will have it running from a discrete sensor dot rather than bringing their Ruxpin the Metal Idol teddy bear into an upscale venue for a meeting with the Johnson.
Mantis
QUOTE (Glyph @ Jun 14 2016, 07:51 PM) *
They have made-up brand names for commlinks and OS's that are not restricted to the megacorps, so it is hard to tell, especially for the cheapest model of commlink.

I'm going to assume the CMT is a typo then and change it to MCT.
The description of the WW Infiltrator is on page 24, the last entry before they start on submachine guns. The Collapsible Heavy Pistol is missing any description at all - I would either just use the PSK-3, or assume that the Collapsible Heavy Pistol is a generic knock-off of the PSK-3.

Totally missed the fluff for WW Infiltrator. I must have looked there a dozen times and just...glossed over it...missed it. Whatever. I didn't see it is my point. Got some spare cyber eyes you aren't using?
Emotitoys and empathy software were overpowered and cheesy - almost every GM house rules them to some degree or other. I assume the higher (but still comparatively low) cost of the software is for actual professional runners who will have it running from a discrete sensor dot rather than bringing their Ruxpin the Metal Idol teddy bear into an upscale venue for a meeting with the Johnson.

Yeah they are pretty cheesy but there always seems to be one player who just can't resist the 600¥ price tag on the non-mobile toy. I think I'll just bump the cost of the drones by the cost of the software. That way they will be less tempted by the toy and more likely to pick the professional route. wink.gif Initially we were just going to banish the things to the realm of stupid ideas but since we also heavily use the social skill test modifier tables we figured a little help might be in order. When used as a teamwork test it can provide a little boost but not the flat 6 dice the thing is supposed to offer at highest rating. It also isn't a guaranteed thing and comes with a chance to glitch or critically glitch, making things worse for the user rather than better. I think this is pretty fair.

Thanks for the help.

KCKitsune
QUOTE (Glyph @ Jun 14 2016, 09:51 PM) *

My augmented Chaos Mage ran the Empathy software on cyber commlink. Since I also had cybereyes with thermo and vision enhancement, cyber ears with audio enhancement, radar, and an olfactory booster, I would think I have every base covered in determining someone's truthfulness. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012