Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On the Fairlight Company
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FateBurn
So I had asked this question some year or two ago and now i've finally set down to write my own module and I was hoping again for some community help. Essentially, it's a well known secret that nobody seems to know exactly who owns Fairlight (And each source you may find, be it from a supplement or a novel, has a different answer from Ares to Neonet. So the idea was to receive a run from Neonet to break in to a Fairlight compound on a datasteal. What the PCs wouldn't know initially is that it's essentially Neonet trying to see if they still even own Fairlight. The ultimate build up being to that Fairlight manipulates their place in the markets constantly to ensure that they are always receiving funding and public attention with the big finale run ultimately being to look in to Fairlight's current project, an RCC of their own.

So when I made this thread previously a bunch of people got together to help figure out how to place this in the lore. Who owns Fairlight according to different sources, the most up to date info on Fairlight, and what the RCC should be called. That's kind of where i'd like to pick up, since the old thread appears to be deleted (unless there is a Dumpshock archive somewhere?)
Sendaz
QUOTE (FateBurn @ Aug 27 2016, 02:46 PM) *
That's kind of where i'd like to pick up, since the old thread appears to be deleted (unless there is a Dumpshock archive somewhere?)

You probably have your filters set for too short a time.. think this is the thread you were looking for.
FateBurn
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Aug 27 2016, 07:52 PM) *
You probably have your filters set for too short a time.. think this is the thread you were looking for.

Oh hey thanks, I thought Dumpshock was just like other forums I use where they delete off old threads for space.
Stahlseele
Hah! No!
We keep EVERYTHING around here!
The only times we lose stuff is when there is some problem somewhere . .
Sascha Morlok
Fairlight is now owned by MCT (Market Panic).
FateBurn
QUOTE (Sascha Morlok @ Aug 27 2016, 08:37 PM) *
Fairlight is now owned by MCT (Market Panic).

That directly contradicts with Data Trails

Which is why I love Fairlight. Literally every book they're owned by someone new, that's the whole purpose of my fan module.
binarywraith
I've always figured Fairlight was actually just a front name for a collective of real shadow deckmeisters. None of the megas are really sure who owns them, or who works for them, but they consistently put out bleeding edge decks beyond anything else being mass produced and have the skills to just vanish as needed.
Sendaz
QUOTE (binarywraith @ Aug 27 2016, 08:08 PM) *
I've always figured Fairlight was actually just a front name for a collective of real shadow deckmeisters. None of the megas are really sure who owns them, or who works for them, but they consistently put out bleeding edge decks beyond anything else being mass produced and have the skills to just vanish as needed.

+1
Sascha Morlok
QUOTE (FateBurn @ Aug 27 2016, 11:55 PM) *
That directly contradicts with Data Trails

Which is why I love Fairlight. Literally every book they're owned by someone new, that's the whole purpose of my fan module.

NeoNETs share price hits rock bottom. It's quite possible they sold some valuable assets to keep afloat.
Mantis
QUOTE (binarywraith @ Aug 27 2016, 05:08 PM) *

I like this idea too. Some shadow company all the megas assume someone else owns.
FateBurn
QUOTE (Mantis @ Aug 28 2016, 06:21 PM) *
I like this idea too. Some shadow company all the megas assume someone else owns.

This is sorta the plan for the penultimate of my module. That Fairlight is a shadowcorp and manipulates it's own place in the market. So far I have a basic skeleton set out for the module.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012