Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lanuages
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kesendeja
I've worked up new rules for using languages and would like some feedback on them. I think the defaulting numbers might be a little high, but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated. It's in the folder in my Signature. Thanks.
adamu
Hey - this is really cool!

You are clearly one of those people with a lot of energy who likes to do productive things with their free time (sadly, opposite of me).

As someone interested in languages, I think you've done a great job of accurately bringing the complexity of language usage to life in the game system. It's probably a bit unplayable for my table (realism vs. necessary abstraction balance of course just a matter of personal taste) these days, but back in the glory days of university when we were all about SR 24/7, we would have been all over this.

Impressive work!

Hey, just out of curiousity, for Japanese, why only hiragana & katakana? Why no kanji?

Thanks for a neat, thought-provoking read.
Kesendeja
QUOTE (adamu @ Sep 29 2016, 06:47 PM) *
Hey - this is really cool!

You are clearly one of those people with a lot of energy who likes to do productive things with their free time (sadly, opposite of me).

As someone interested in languages, I think you've done a great job of accurately bringing the complexity of language usage to life in the game system. It's probably a bit unplayable for my table (realism vs. necessary abstraction balance of course just a matter of personal taste) these days, but back in the glory days of university when we were all about SR 24/7, we would have been all over this.

Impressive work!

Hey, just out of curiousity, for Japanese, why only hiragana & katakana? Why no kanji?

Thanks for a neat, thought-provoking read.

Thanks, and it was an oversight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012