Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Metrópole books seems to be out
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sengir
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/196456...Shadow-Metrpole

Anyone have it yet?
Sendaz
Yep, still looking through it.

31 pages long, though two pages are just cover and credits so really 29 pages.

Mostly fluff of course, 1 disease/infection, 1 new magical tradition, 1 new vehicle, 1 Life Module and a couple of NPCs for crunchy bits.

It seems interesting, though a bit short given it's like a mega-seattle, but will have to give it a more thorough read tomorrow.
hermit
Preliminar impression: Reads great. However: It's Olivier Gagnon. Not Oliver. Really, CGL, that's beyond quality control, that's grossly impolite.
Sengir
So how batshit deep green is Metropole?

PS: And has anybody already bought it from DTRPG? If their search already craps out from the "ó", I'm a bit skeptic about testing how well their purchase processing handles diacritics...
Sendaz
I got mine through DTRPG and seems okay.

As for how green....

Animals and sentient critters are given equal rights to the metahumans.

Now this may sound pretty decent for equal rights, but just remember they included non-sentient animals.

So say you fell off a boat into the water and a gator gobbled you up, it's covered by law since this was the natural course of things.

You would have the right to defend yourself to try and stay alive, but if it dragged you under and drowned you, your buddies could not hunt down that gator later to kill it, because that would be unlawful murder and treated just as harshly as if they had killed another sentient/metahuman.
I imagine it is a nightmare in courts as well, say you fell in said water and defended yourself with a weapon. That would probably be okay, but if your buddies still in the boat opened fire, its a bit gray here on would they be covered or would they be intruding because they are staying in the boat.

So now you got a big ass city loaded with a lot of different critters, many of whom see metahumans as a threat or a treat and a lot of metahumans there definitely feel like second class citizens.
hermit
Well, since the courts are presided by magical beings, I imagine a lot of evidence-gathering, -presentation and pleas by lawyers is circumvented by way of clairvoyance spells and metamagics. And, of course, the honorable justice creature.

It is Animal Rights Paradise. Kudos to you, Olivier, and I hope the research didn't hurt too much. Are metahumans mandated to go vegan?

Bought it from DTRPG. Worked fine for me. It's just that their search function isn't worth shit, and has been like that for a long time, I think.
Backgammon
QUOTE (hermit @ Oct 23 2016, 04:43 PM) *
Preliminar impression: Reads great. However: It's Olivier Gagnon. Not Oliver. Really, CGL, that's beyond quality control, that's grossly impolite.

Actually I'm super cool with it. I use the two interchangeably. But, you are very nice for noticing, thanks!
Backgammon
QUOTE (hermit @ Oct 24 2016, 05:26 AM) *
Well, since the courts are presided by magical beings, I imagine a lot of evidence-gathering, -presentation and pleas by lawyers is circumvented by way of clairvoyance spells and metamagics. And, of course, the honorable justice creature.

It is Animal Rights Paradise. Kudos to you, Olivier, and I hope the research didn't hurt too much. Are metahumans mandated to go vegan?

Bought it from DTRPG. Worked fine for me. It's just that their search function isn't worth shit, and has been like that for a long time, I think.

Hehe, thanks. My idea was that I used to have a friend that was all super into animal rights and being green and stuff (not that that's wrong or anything). And he used to think Metropole was the "good guy" setting in the Shadowrun world, the ones fighting the good fight. As a dystopic cyberpunk game, I though, well let's push "a good thing" to "too much of a good thing". So I tried to make Metropole this incredibly dysfunctional place that fundamentally runs of pretty ideas that just really, really don't work well in reality.

Glad you guys are liking it!
Sascha Morlok
I crossread one of your earlier versions (v4) and while I liked the animal thing, I personally expected more Favelas. Those hundreds or thousands of Arcologies, may look nice from the outside, but must be very costly to maintain - especially when they are self-sustaining. But maybe Favelas and "the good guys" don't fit together.
Backgammon
I forget the exact name I gave it (sorry, wrote this sucker a LONG time ago), but there is that one arcology that essentially is a giant favela, the one that used to belong to an Aztechnology sub and was then abandoned. That would be a good example of what you're talking about.

A lot of those arcologies would really look like Vaults from Fallout. Broken down, with weird social orders keeping them going. They are a great opportunity for GMs to do something whacky like that and send the players in.
Medicineman
QUOTE (Backgammon @ Oct 24 2016, 07:38 AM) *
I forget the exact name I gave it (sorry, wrote this sucker a LONG time ago), but there is that one arcology that essentially is a giant favela, the one that used to belong to an Aztechnology sub and was then abandoned. That would be a good example of what you're talking about.

A lot of those arcologies would really look like Vaults from Fallout. Broken down, with weird social orders keeping them going. They are a great opportunity for GMs to do something whacky like that and send the players in.

So like the one from New Judge Dredd or even worse ? (The Raid 1 maybe ? )

With a dance in the Favelas
Medicineman
Backgammon
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Oct 24 2016, 08:43 AM) *
So like the one from New Judge Dredd or even worse ? (The Raid 1 maybe ? )

With a dance in the Favelas
Medicineman

Sure!

More like Judge Dredd though, The Raid would be too small.. but you could do something along those lines, have the PCs fight their way up or something. Would be fun.
Medicineman
I didn't mean the Size (I like 'em Big wink.gif )
but the ugliness or dirtiness
If been to the Chung King Mansions ( and Boy, they were creepy ! ) so I know what it's supposed to look, but I've never been to the Favelas so I don't know about ....the "flavor" of Southamerican run Down Arcologies

with a Dance in Hong Kong
Medicineman
hermit
I think Métropole arcologies are a lot more Peach Trees than Neu-Essen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012