Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Price for Pueblo residential stock?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Zednark
Seeing as you can essentially buy citizenship, I'd imagine it'd be expensive.
Tecumseh
Native American Nations, Volume I gave the price at ¥7,389. Of course, the date for that price was November 23, 2052, so that's 25+ years ago depending on the date of your game.

Since then, Pueblo has absorbed both Los Angeles and Ute Nation, so the population has grown substantially (from 12M in 2052 to 38.5M in 2072). I can't remember off the top of my head how the PCC handled residential stock for the new citizens. I think they were issued a share of provisional stock that converted to a share of residential stock after a year, but I can't remember all the details.

How you want to handle 25 years of economic growth is up to you. I presume the shares never split, but it's possible that their value has been somewhat diluted by the population explosion that accompanied the territorial expansion. But, long story short, the price should at least be in the high four figures, if not higher.
Zednark
Do you know if it includes a SIN? I can imagine uses for a SIN you can sell.
Tecumseh
Let's note the difference between residential stock and preferred stock for the PCC.

Preferred stock can be purchased and claimed by anyone, but has no voting rights. An owner of preferred stock instead has the ability to enter and live in Council territory, similar to an entry visa. This would not include a SIN.

Residential stock costs the same (to the best of my knowledge) but allows the holder to vote in Council elections. This would include a SIN.

As such, citizenship is not "for sale" in the sense that anyone can come along and slap down enough nuyen to be made a PCC citizen with a legal SIN. Page 112 of NAN, Volume I has more information about the immigration process, which includes "stringent standards for skills and education level." The shadow commentary on the page suggests that this is not a rubber-stamp like it is for other nations, like Algonkian-Manitou.

Personally, I don't think a scheme to buy SINs via residential stock is going to work very well, but of course that's up to each table to decide.

Mantis
I would just clarify what Tecumseh is saying regarding the Residential stock. You need a SIN to get this stock and if you qualify to purchase the stock it would attach to your SIN and list you as a resident of the PCC. The stock doesn't come with a SIN but you need a SIN to get the stock. Purchasing this stock is basically the final step in becoming a citizen of the PCC. You have to have gone through all the other hoops listed in NAN volume 1 before you can even get to this stage.
Sengir
QUOTE (Tecumseh @ Nov 28 2016, 08:01 PM) *
Native American Nations, Volume I gave the price at ¥7,389. Of course, the date for that price was November 23, 2052, so that's 25+ years ago depending on the date of your game.

Even when considering 25 years of "regular" (not Zimbabwe or Venezuela) inflation, you'd still pay maybe 15,000 ¥, which is awfully cheap. For a real-life comparison, Malta sells citizenship for 650,000 € (plus 25k per child/spouse), Montenegro wants 500,000 €, and when they're not busy rambling about Jews and the purity of blood and nation, Hungary sells the cheapest permanent residency in the Schengen area at just 300,000 € per family.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012