Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ways to protect your projecting mage
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Joker9125
1. Wards to protect against astral intruders

2. Binding a shitload of elementals to guard his house

3. Buying a walk in safe with a 32 barrier rating warding it and leaving his body inside of it while hes out.

4. A homing beacon implanted in his ass and a hidden locator so if for some odd reason his body is moved he can lead someone to it.

5. A device that delivers a deadly stun to his body if hes not back in it in 5hr and 55 min. Possibly hidden in his clothing.(if someone does deadly stun to your body while your projecting you are immediately disrupted and returned to your body reguardless of its location)

6. A device that delivers a mild shock to his body when he has an hour left to go.(you immediately know when your body is attacked so this would tell him its time to spend about 5 min in body to regain the lost essence)

EDIT: The shock devices would be hooked up to a push button timer.
Centurion
I'm just trying to thing of the ways you could convince your mage to go through with any of these.
TinkerGnome
#6 doesn't look like a hard one to convince him of. #1 is just good sense, and #2 is okay if you've got the cash. 3, 4, and 5 are a little more sketchy.
BitBasher
No6 rules! Especually if he has the oblivious flaw!

"So anyway, I was saying guys <ZZZZP> <thud>"

Phaeton
QUOTE (TinkerGnome)
#6 doesn't look like a hard one to convince him of. #1 is just good sense, and #2 is okay if you've got the cash. 3, 4, and 5 are a little more sketchy.

On a random note...I vote you have one of the best. Sigs. Ever. rotfl.gif
A Clockwork Lime
#1: Except making it an alarm ward. Preferably polarized, too.
#7: Ask a friend or friends to keep an eye on your meatbody. Duh.
Herald of Verjigorm
#8: Don't ask teammates who aren't personal friends to guard your body. Especially if you have a price on your head.
TinkerGnome
QUOTE (Phaeton @ May 16 2004, 09:40 PM)

Heh, which one? I really need to edit it since Lindt apparently can't spell dikote wink.gif

Oh, and never let personal friends who like to play "hide the mage's credstick" watch your body. They always choose one, rather uncomfortable, place.
Smiley
We have a standing rule that anyone who falls asleep gets... ummm... BEFRIENDED by a large troll. I guess astrally projecting mages count, too. In that case, the vault might be the best bet. Mongo is hard to refuse.
Joker9125
3. Buying a walk in safe with a 32 barrier rating warding it and leaving his body inside of it while hes out.

4. A homing beacon implanted in his ass and a hidden locator so if for some odd reason his body is moved he can lead someone to it.

5. A device that delivers a deadly stun to his body if hes not back in it in 5hr and 55 min. Possibly hidden in his clothing.(if someone does deadly stun to your body while your projecting you are immediately disrupted and returned to your body reguardless of its location)

These are more or less for the mage who has no one to watch him.

And #5 is great if the mage gets caught in some sort of astral trap.

QUOTE (Smiley)
We have a standing rule that anyone who falls asleep gets... ummm... BEFRIENDED by a large troll. I guess astrally projecting mages count, too. In that case, the vault might be the best bet. Mongo is hard to refuse.

eek.gif
kevyn668
What kind of group do you run in that you can't just say "Yo, watch my body while I scope this out"?
Joker9125
I can say watch my body while im out in my group.

But he obviously caint

QUOTE (Smiley)
Xirces
What was the decision on voluntary disruption following the "Inflitration Challenge"? Wasn't there another thread specifically on that as well?
Arethusa
There was another thread. I don't believe it ever came to a decision, per se. Most GMs would not (sanely) allow you to pull that trick, however. Personally, were I GMing and you wanted to do that, go ahead. You get to die with your soul floating helplessly on the astral.
tisoz
If out on a run and not at home in your warded safe, cast Barrier (dome shape) and sustain with focus, spray freeze foam on it (be sure to have solvent), cast Reinforce on the freeze foam and sustain it with a focus.

If you don't need to worry about focus addiction, cast Armor and sustain with focus.
Lindt
QUOTE (TinkerGnome)
QUOTE (Phaeton @ May 16 2004, 09:40 PM)

Heh, which one? I really need to edit it since Lindt apparently can't spell dikote wink.gif

If thats all I got wrong I was having a good day dead.gif
shadd4d
QUOTE (tisoz)
If out on a run and not at home in your warded safe, cast Barrier (dome shape) and sustain, spray freeze foam on it (be sure to have solvent), cast Reinforce on the freeze foam to increase it's barrier rating, cast Armor and sustain.

You still have to drop the spells for projecting (it's an exclusive action).

Don
tisoz
There, nitpicker, I edited it to reflect what I meant.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012