Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rules Questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mikado
Hello all,

Didn't think I would ever feel the need to post on 5th Ed... And I apologize if these questions have been asked/answered.

I have two questions on some stuff in "Chrome Flesh."

First: Prototype Transhuman
Does geneware count as bioware for the advantages of this quality? In 4th Ed geneware was counted as bioware and it may be in the books somewhere for 5th Ed but even if it does "count" as bioware it does not necessarily qualify for the free essence.

Second: Narco Geneware
Does the bonuses to attributes count to secondary attributes or is it just for the primary 8 attributes? I would figure it would only be the primary attributes since the others are based off primary attributes but there can be an argument made for including secondary attributes since they are attributes and not qualities like "High Pain Tolerance" or powers in the case of magical drugs.

Which actually brings up a 3rd question...
Would the Narco geneware apply its effects to magical drugs? Magical drugs are closer to alchemy than chemistry so I could see a ruling against including them.

I am sure my GM will have his own ruling on these questions I am just curious on everyone else's thoughts.
Glyph
QUOTE (Mikado @ Mar 14 2017, 01:26 PM) *
Hello all,

Didn't think I would ever feel the need to post on 5th Ed... And I apologize if these questions have been asked/answered.

I have two questions on some stuff in "Chrome Flesh."

First: Prototype Transhuman
Does geneware count as bioware for the advantages of this quality? In 4th Ed geneware was counted as bioware and it may be in the books somewhere for 5th Ed but even if it does "count" as bioware it does not necessarily qualify for the free essence.

In 4th Edition, the lower of the Essence cost from either cyberware or bioware was halved - this is why nanoware "counted" as cyberware and geneware "counted" as bioware; purely for that calculation. SR5 does not use that rule for Essence, so geneware is completely separate from bioware. Your GM could house rule that quality to include geneware, because geneware actually makes even more sense to be included in that quality, but strictly by RAW it is disallowed.

Second: Narco Geneware
Does the bonuses to attributes count to secondary attributes or is it just for the primary 8 attributes? I would figure it would only be the primary attributes since the others are based off primary attributes but there can be an argument made for including secondary attributes since they are attributes and not qualities like "High Pain Tolerance" or powers in the case of magical drugs.

If a drug gives a direct bonus to a normally derived Attribute, I would say yes, but I'm not sure any of them do.

Which actually brings up a 3rd question...
Would the Narco geneware apply its effects to magical drugs? Magical drugs are closer to alchemy than chemistry so I could see a ruling against including them.

I am sure my GM will have his own ruling on these questions I am just curious on everyone else's thoughts.

I wouldn't let Narco work on actual alchemical preparations, but I would allow it to work on BADs in the same way as any other drug.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012