Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Art commission
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
KCKitsune
Hey everyone, just a quick question for everyone here: Is there anyone who is doing character art commissions?

The reason I want to know is so that I can commission them for my character. I can't draw worth a damn, and I figure since I've got money (just paid off my car... smile.gif ) I have some spare cash to toss about, and wanted to have my character done right.
bannockburn
Sure, shoot me a PM. It's been a while, but maybe I can get back into it. Depends on what you want, but the only way to find out is talking about it.
Wacky
Original post seemed to disappear.

I have a BFA, concentration Drawing, and am a part-time freelance artist. Let me know what style of artwork are you looking for (pencil sketch, inked, colored, shaded, etc). Also include a link to a picture with the style you're looking for. I can mimic many styles but not all.

Also with that link, pick a graphic that has the level of detail you want. More detail requires more time and that's more money. Not trying to come off as greedy, just giving you fair warning up front.

But whomever you choose, always make sure to communicate what you want and have them communicate back what they heard. My first big job (which sadly never made it to print) I was asked to remake some features on a map several times, while using another map as reference. Each time the art director told me I had done it wrong but the features he wanted weren't on the original map. A simple five minute conversation would have saved the both of us a lot of headaches eek.gif

Sign--
Wacky
KCKitsune
OK, it might seem like I'm "two-timing" but I'm going to have Bannockburn and Wacky do their own version of my character. The reason why I'm going to do this: I want to support artists. I may not be a full art connoisseur by ANY stretch of the imagination, I know what art I like, and I'm willing to pay for it. I can't have too many people doing this, but my finances are pretty solid for now, and, if I can, I'll support more people doing art.
bannockburn
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Jul 4 2017, 05:55 AM) *
I want to support artists.

Great to hear! biggrin.gif

Wacky, do you have by chance a gallery with examples of your (character) art? I'm always interested in looking smile.gif
Wacky
QUOTE (bannockburn @ Jul 4 2017, 03:08 AM) *
Great to hear! biggrin.gif

Wacky, do you have by chance a gallery with examples of your (character) art? I'm always interested in looking smile.gif

Nothing related to Shadowrun. Most of the stuff I've been hired to do recently is for bronies--don't laugh, bronies pay well... biggrin.gif

Nut I'll try to add some of my old Shadowrun art if I can find the sketchbook and scan it.

Sign--
Wacky

PS--
Took a look at your stuff--not bad chummer!
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Wacky @ Jul 4 2017, 02:21 PM) *
Nothing related to Shadowrun. Most of the stuff I've been hired to do recently is for bronies--don't laugh, bronies pay well... biggrin.gif

Nut I'll try to add some of my old Shadowrun art if I can find the sketchbook and scan it.

Sign--
Wacky

PS--

There are as many people who would look at our little corner of the Internet and think we're just as wacked out as Bronies. Besides the new MLP may be a show targeted for girls, but the writing can be deep.
Machiavelli
QUOTE (Wacky @ Jul 4 2017, 07:21 PM) *

Sign--
Wacky

PS--

I would also be interested in sketeches of my 3 characters. Can you give a link to your sketchbook so that i can check if you style meets?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012