Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: License and registration
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Savar
I see stats for fake licenses and registrations. But the text says it's up to the GM on "real" ones.

Char has corporate limited SIN. Has Biotech 6. Professional knowledge DocWagon medic.

Could a couple GMs chime in so i have some guidelines on cost of the lic.

Side note this char is also a Technomancer so I would need that registered also.
Sturmlied
For most of the legal stuff my groups handled that as "part of living" and did not really charge for registration fees and stuff like that. It is part of the lifestyle.

So things that you can get easily (if you have SIN) I usually nod player through. That would include a drivers licences, other non-commercial licences, non-restricted weapon licences, etc. Getting registered as a Technomancer would fall under that imho.

Now... professional licences are a bit different as they are not really cheap. But the price would depend on how the player plans on getting the licence. If it is part of his day job i would give it for free because I assume the company pays for this.
If he wants to certify on his own I would charge a few 100 to a few 1000 Nuyen, depending on the skill and it would take some time to do so. For a medic maybe a month or two of full work days.

Then again getting something like a bodyguard licence I would pretty much wave through cost and time wise... assuming the SIN is relatively clean.

Sturmlied
Sorry... somehow managed to double post
Savar
Thank you.

The char used to work for DocWagon and was released for reasons I am still working out.

The Corp Limited SIN is issued by DocWagon.

Maybe just tack another 5% in taxes nyahnyah.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
I would not charge an additional tax percentage...
IRL Licensing fees are usually a yearly expense, and are a set amount, not a percentage of your income.
Sturmlied
QUOTE (Savar @ Jul 18 2017, 07:07 PM) *
Thank you.

The char used to work for DocWagon and was released for reasons I am still working out.

The Corp Limited SIN is issued by DocWagon.

Maybe just tack another 5% in taxes nyahnyah.gif

In this case... what happens to the SIN? I actually have no idea if that is covered somewhere. But I assume it reverts to the national SIN?

Another question is would DocWagon simply let go of a known Technomancer? I would more assume a "Sorry we have to let you go, pls report to the dark room in the basement to fill out some paperwork" scenario.

QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jul 18 2017, 07:23 PM) *
I would not charge an additional tax percentage...
IRL Licensing fees are usually a yearly expense, and are a set amount, not a percentage of your income.

In my groups I was the only one that bothered with a legal SIN and my character only had a drivers licence, hunting licence and small arms licence on it. We just counted that as lifestyle cost for simplicity.

Not sure that would a good idea for professional licences though. I am usually a fan of keeping these "maintenance" things simple but a real, relativly clean SIN with licence is pretty powerful... but also dangerous for the character.
Savar
Was planning on a fake SIN also, for running.

Part of the background was their parents are upper level management for DocWagon and the char was raised there.

Char wanted to become a veterinarian, that didn't really work for DocWagon but they needed done starting money and to get some training she stayed with the company functioning as a medic for standard response.

Known Technomancer but when tested was minor ability. (Did some extra training on the side to improve that) but the char wants to be a vet. Opened a street level clinic that will see pets also to work on getting a rep for medic abilitys.
Sturmlied
QUOTE (Savar @ Jul 18 2017, 08:46 PM) *
Was planning on a fake SIN also, for running.

The problem with a real SIN is that it contains a heck load of biometric data, with DocWagon probably a full genetic analysis. It depends on how your group runs the game but the more realistic you go with this the harder it gets with a real SIN to hide your criminal activity.

DocWagon might not share there info with law enforcement, but if she pisses off DocWagon they might change their mind.

The bigger problem is that their are standard biometrics attache to a SIN that law enforcement will have access to. Enough for facial recognition and finger prints.

That is why in some of the Shadowrun novels SINners make an effort to have their SIN deleted.

Like I said... a legal SIN is powerful but dangerous.

Edit: That's why all my characters with a SIN turned out to be VERY VERY VERY paranoid, making sure to wear gloves and masks, one carried chem grenades filled with that stuff that destroys DNA and he rigged all his guns to self destruct if necessary... leaving now trace behind! smile.gif
Sengir
Provided that the vet license is mostly character background and does not cover stuff like "can walk a pack of cybered hellhounds right past any checkpoint" or buying narcotics in bulk I'd consider it part of the char's lifestyle. Same with regular driver's licenses.

On a second thought, scratch the part about narcotics. It's probably easier to buy a box of horse tranquilizers from the local gang than going through the paperwork of a legal purchase biggrin.gif
Iduno
QUOTE (Sturmlied @ Jul 18 2017, 01:45 PM) *
Another question is would DocWagon simply let go of a known Technomancer? I would more assume a "Sorry we have to let you go, pls report to the dark room in the basement to fill out some paperwork" scenario.

MCT or Horizon would certainly do that. DocWagon maybe? What about Evo (owners of Crashcart)? I think their transhumanist leanings would have them letting a person go (as long as they didn't owe the company store an insane amount of money).

As for leaving DNA behind, does the team mage have the Sterilize spell? Good for those runs in which it's your blood that gets spilled.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012