Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parageology
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kesendeja
I'm working on updating the materials for Parageology to 5th edition, and was wondering if anyone had undertaken the project before,and would be willing to share their work. Barring that I was also wondering if there would be interest in seeing the final product?
hermit
Pegasus Press, Shadowrun's German publisher, has imported their translation into SR5. They would share their work for money.
Kesendeja
QUOTE (hermit @ Aug 9 2017, 05:06 PM) *
Pegasus Press, Shadowrun's German publisher, has imported their translation into SR5. They would share their work for money.

Unfortunately I don't speak a lick of German anymore. Is it a straight translation or did they add stuff?
JanessaVR
QUOTE (Kesendeja @ Aug 9 2017, 01:10 PM) *
Unfortunately I don't speak a lick of German anymore. Is it a straight translation or did they add stuff?

There's got to be tools out there to translate a PDF from [X] into English. You'd have to go over it and make numerous manual tweaks the automated software didn't get perfectly right, but still probably quicker than doing it purely from hand if someone's put the bulk of the effort into it already.
hermit

It is a straight translation, and Google Translate should be sufficient for you to get what it says, especially if you own the SR4, English version. All you need are the stats anyway. I don't know if they changed them much, anyway. The rituals and alchemy could be interesting.
Savar
You get much done on the project?
Kesendeja
I've translated the german book, but the entries are mixed up with several homebrew materials. I'm not sure I can post them though, copywrite and all....
Kesendeja
If you're interested in the rough work I can send you a copy, just PM me your email.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012