Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Semiballistics?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JanessaVR
Be interesting to see if Elon Musk can actually pull this off. The Sixth World seems closer year after year...
KCKitsune
QUOTE (JanessaVR @ Oct 3 2017, 11:13 PM) *
Be interesting to see if Elon Musk can actually pull this off. The Sixth World seems closer year after year...

I'll believe it when I see it.

The scale of the project he's proposing is so insane that I doubt it will ever see the light of day for at least 50 years.

There is one "good" thing about this though... if there is a frak up, you'll be dead long before you even have a clue something's wrong.
JanessaVR
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Oct 3 2017, 08:40 PM) *
I'll believe it when I see it.

The scale of the project he's proposing is so insane that I doubt it will ever see the light of day for at least 50 years.

There is one "good" thing about this though... if there is a frak up, you'll be dead long before you even have a clue something's wrong.

I never said I'd take a ride on one. I'm a risk-averse cryonicist - I avoid rocket ship rides right along with hang-gliding and skydiving. I'm not even all that fond of flying on standard commercial planes.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (JanessaVR @ Oct 4 2017, 06:31 PM) *
I never said I'd take a ride on one. I'm a risk-averse cryonicist - I avoid rocket ship rides right along with hang-gliding and skydiving. I'm not even all that fond of flying on standard commercial planes.

Also this thing would be pretty damn uncomfortable. I mean imagine the G-Force of a REGULAR plane when it's taking off. Now imagine that a lot higher and for almost the entire trip.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012