Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CONFUSE PILOT
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Savar
CONFUSE PILOT(COMPLEX ACTION)Marks required: NoneTest: Electronic Warfare + Logic [Attack] v. Pilot + Firewall
You send a stream of code to a device with a pilot (usually a drone, but sometimes an autonomous vehicle or gun emplacement) that resembles valid instructions but is in fact gobbledygook. If you succeed, the pilot be-comes confused, and makes an immediate Simple Pilot x 2 Test to figure out what it’s going to do next (p. 269, SR5)—the threshold for this test is equal to half of your net hits. Your RCC’s Noise Reduction Rating is added as a dice pool bonus for this action.

Is there errata on this matrix action?
It states RCC but they don't have Attack.
SpellBinder
Would hope so, or by RAW I'd say it's impossible for this to be done with an RCC (or maybe that was the intent?). Certainly possible if you've got a cyberdeck, maybe possible if you're a technomancer. If the Attack attribute is 0, then the limit is 0, and therefore your maximum hits possible is 0. Likely an RCC's Noise Reduction is intended to be a benefit on the defense if on the receiving end of this action.
Glyph
I think the RCC is adding to the Simple Pilot x 2 Test.
Jaid
QUOTE (Glyph @ Nov 17 2017, 02:42 AM) *
I think the RCC is adding to the Simple Pilot x 2 Test.

hmmm... that might be what they meant, but that's not an action nyahnyah.gif

the really funny thing is that the action might not even do anything if it is a total success; one of the things a pilot will do if it fails the pilot x 2 test according to SR5 p 265 is just keep doing what it was doing anyways nyahnyah.gif

(the other thing it might do is stop and ask for clarification, so it isn't guaranteed to be a complete waste of an action, but it genuinely is possible for you to have a spectacularly successfull roll, and then the drone just ignores you entirely nyahnyah.gif )
Savar
Just thought it might be Data Processing like the rest of the actions in that list.
Kiirnodel
QUOTE (Savar @ Nov 17 2017, 05:03 PM) *
Just thought it might be Data Processing like the rest of the actions in that list.

To be honest, Attack makes sense for this sort of action.

I agree with Glyph, it also makes sense that a Rigger's RCC noise reduction would assist on defending against this action (as it filters out the garbage code meant for the drone).

Maybe it was supposed to read "Your RCC’s Noise Reduction Rating is added as a dice pool bonus for defending against this action.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012