Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rigging Technomancer
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Savar
SR 5
Mind over Machine: You get the benefit of a Rating 1 control rig. You may take this echo up to two additional times (for a total of three), with the effective control rig rating increasing by 1 each time you take it.

Data trails
MMRI: Known as the Man-Machine Resonance In-terface, this echo subtly manipulates the Resonance coming off the technomancer, allowing them to bet-ter jump into drones and rigger-modified devices. This provides the same effects as a control rig (p. 452, SR5), without the free datajack and datacable. This can be tak-en up to three times, each increasing the effective rating of the control rig by one.

Am I reading wrong or are these the same echo?

If I have one of those echoes, and
Skinlink: You gain the ability to forge a direct con-nection with any device you can physically touch. Two technomancers with this echo can mentally communi-cate simply by touching.
I could sit in a vehicle and control it as if I had a cable connection, ignoring noise and such, having the highest level of control?
KCKitsune
Savar,

Yes, those sound exactly the same.

That's what you get when you Catalyst level of editing staff. Maybe they should hire an extra person or two to make sure this kind of sloppy work isn't missed in future editions.
Longes
MMRI is the case of stealth errata being done very wrong. You see, Mind Over Machine says "You get the benefit of a Rating 1 control rig." Well, one of the benefits of a Rating 1 control rig is a free data jack and connector cable. MMRI is meant to replace MoM and stop people from arguing that technomancers get an organic datajacck with the echo.
PraetorGradivus
Yup, what Longes said... though they properly should have used errata to fix the wording of Mind Over Machine rather than creating MMRI...

Of course, Catalyst avoids errata and answering questions as much as possible.
Bodak
So can you take 3x MoM and then 3x MMRI (and Skinlink) ending up with a Rating 6 VCR?
Kiirnodel
No, it is widely regarded that MMRI is supposed to replace MOM. Catalyst should have just errata'd the echo from the core, rather than make a new one. But who knows how or why they decide to do some things.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012