Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lycanthropy
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stormdrake
Been away for a while but am getting back into Shadowrun with a possible game based around lycanthropy in the traditional sense of the curse/disease. With magic always slowly increasing and with examples of awakened diseases already cannon I think a campaign based around a slowly spreading form of lycanthropy that causes slow insanity in conjunction with fullmoon rampages would be interesting. You could have a small group of individuals infected trying their hardest to figure out whats happening and then covering up whats going on so they are not killed or experimented on. Has this been done before and I missed it?
Mantis
This idea was already covered way back in 1st ed with the loup-garou. Not strictly werewolves but it is a magical disease that causes normal humans to become ravening monsters on a 28 day cycle. See Paranormal Animals of North America, pg 102.
You could take this idea and extrapolate it by saying the disease evolved and the hosts retain more of who they were, much like how some ghouls retain their former human identities and memories. Perhaps it was just the natural effect of magic growing stronger or maybe someone has been experimenting in the last 20 odd years, maybe looking for a cure or maybe trying to make a super soldier. Whatever works.
JanessaVR
I think that's an idea worth exploring. They've tried to cram way too many creatures into HMHVV. The old Lycanthropy as a curse instead of a magical virus could be a good plotline.
Stormdrake
The out and out curse line would allow the condition to be passed onto anyone who survived an attack, which in a night club could be dozens of new cursed in a single attack. The cursed may not know what is happening, or be actively hiding the condition. Those who came forward would be "identified" as deranged as their blood would carry no signs of the HMHVV and either be locked up which is going to be an utter catastrophic situation the next full moon or fired and turned out into the cities homeless which will also be bad next full moon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012