Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: QUARTERSTAFF FIGHTING
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Savar
This is in the section of martial arts in run&gun.

Unless I missed it martial arts specializations are based on unarmed combat. I would put this one in clubs as a martial art specialization rather then a staff specialization.
Glyph
That's where they put it, as well (sidebar, page 135). Martial arts specializations can be taken for skills other than unarmed.
Kiirnodel
With the more extensive rules for Martial Arts in Run & Gun, they "revised" where martial art skill specializations go. So yeah, the ones that are a specialization with an armed weapon fall into the appropriate skill (Clubs, Blades, etc).
G.NOME
QUOTE (Kiirnodel @ Dec 6 2017, 02:34 AM) *
With the more extensive rules for Martial Arts in Run & Gun, they "revised" where martial art skill specializations go. So yeah, the ones that are a specialization with an armed weapon fall into the appropriate skill (Clubs, Blades, etc).

Kenjutsu is one of the Run N Gun martial arts that specializes in blades. I'm wondering, though--can you mix techniques for armed & unarmed martial arts techniques?
Kiirnodel
Do you mean "can you use techniques from two different styles?" I don't see why you couldn't. Sort of like nothing stops a person from doing a kick they learned from Karate followed by a head lock from a wrestling style.

What sort of mix are you trying to accomplish?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012