Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andrew's story
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Savar
What am I to do now?

My parents have nice respectable jobs. My dad is a governmental spokesman for the Seattle city. My mother is a professor at UCAS Seattle. My uncle Bob doesn't, he owns a bar and facilitates deals.

I grew up in a family of thought. I was encouraged to notice everything around me. I became quite perceptive, as a younger child that caused some issues until I learned to control my mouth also.

Early on I was tested and found to have magic. As I grew older, the magic was found to be weak. I managed to do some small increase in my magic. However to the disappointment of my parents I was only an adept. One of my abilities was to see magic, I worked hard to use that ability. I learned how to react faster and notice threats before they happened.

I loved to study how magic affected living things. This love and my mother got me a job with the university as a teacher's assistant. This also got me involved in the martial arts, learning some unarmed and club work. I was pretty good too have around so a number of the professors that went on field expeditions had me come along, that taught me a few things about the outdoors.

As a side job to teacher's assistant I tutored. I learned more about teaching by doing it one on one. Some of the students taught me things as thanks. One student gave me a staff he had created in an advanced shop class.

The least field expedition was a pile of drek. One of the teachers I work for that had corporate sponsors asked me to come with on a trip to South America. It was odd that, it was suggested that I bring a personal weapon. It became more interesting when we did a night drop, I begin to have suspicions. Nothing much happened, we found some interesting specimens. Most exciting thing was I seen a bunch of Death Spirals.

After a week we packed up and started back. After a few hours into the flight the professor the “research” assistants and two ”guards” started screaming. I commed the pilot to set us down. After the first Death Spiral erupted out of the professor's back, I started stunning people. As they were busy having parts of them ruptured it was pretty easy to stun them. When we were down I asked the pilot to pop the back hatch and pushed the people out. I took down a couple of the butterflies that had escaped in the vehicle and had the pilot take off and shut the hatch.

The coyote wasn't to happy but he seemed to think I possibly saved his life. Knowing that if I went back it would be bad for me and that it could cause my parents some trouble I asked the coyote how far he could get me to my uncle's place of business. He got me close enough to use a taxi to get within a block then I walked to the bar.

My uncle seemed to know I was in trouble as soon as I entered the place. He knows people, he managed to get me a different is and he said he might be able to find me a job. While I was staying with him a few days discovered people were looking for me I seem to be worth some ¥.
JanessaVR
A serviceable "Welcome to the Shadows" backstory. I need to read up on these Death Spirals - are they 5e?
Savar
QUOTE (JanessaVR @ Dec 7 2017, 10:46 PM) *
A serviceable "Welcome to the Shadows" backstory. I need to read up on these Death Spirals - are they 5e?

Yup, awakened carnivorous butterflies. Howling shadows pg. 54
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012