Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yellowstone Incident
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TheWanderingJewels
haven't run fora while and I caught some mention of it in Forbidden Arcana. What is the Yellowstone Incident? I knew about the levelof the mana dome going up, but I'm gathering something happened
Wakshaani
QUOTE (TheWanderingJewels @ Dec 9 2017, 09:39 PM) *
haven't run fora while and I caught some mention of it in Forbidden Arcana. What is the Yellowstone Incident? I knew about the levelof the mana dome going up, but I'm gathering something happened

Short form?

For an unknown reason, energy built up in Yellowstone, which suddenly welled up into more or less a "Magical nuke" in the astral. It blew up BIG .... then froze ... then kinda slurped itself back down and vanished. (There were only a couple of witnesses and their stories contradict. Some say it was an eruption, others lightning, but all agree that it sort of stopped, then went backwards.)

Sicne then, Yellowstone's been totally quiet.

BUT!

Also since then, a weird mana cloud has been appearing in North America, seemingly at random. It lingers in the astral for a while, then vanishes. Later, it pops up elsewhere. It moves around seemingly at random and everywhere it's gone you've had spirits waking up. There may be other effects that have yet to be figured out. It's all kind of a mystery and nobody knows what's up yet.

Yet.
TheWanderingJewels
Okay. So what spirit side went boom?
Wakshaani
QUOTE (TheWanderingJewels @ Dec 9 2017, 10:20 PM) *
Okay. So what spirit side went boom?

Thusfar? Nobody knows.

But it was something BIG.
justkelly
Yellowstone has become one of the few entrances to the fae world. See Court of Shadows book for specifics.
Ophis
July 27th 2078 the Yellowstone supervolcano erupts, in the physical it's a smaller eruption than though on the Astral the energy openned up a permanent metaplanar portal into the Seelie Court previously hinted at in Tir Nan Nog.
TheWanderingJewels
The Actual Summer Court. Oy, I bet that's made things interesting
binarywraith
So they've given up and just started mining World of Darkness books for ideas now? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012