Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Device mods
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Savar
So if I read the section right.

If I want I can add attack 1 upgrade it to 2 and add a program modal to my RCC.

However I could add a rated 6 attack dongle to a commlink and a program modal for a cyberprogram and have a better chance of fun.

Did I read that right.

Shoot if I read this right I could take a comm add sleaze upgrade it to 2 put an attack dongle it now out is a better deck the the archetype decker uses. 6/6/6/2 device rating 6. Can't do a swap but choose to have sleaze or attack at 2 the other is 6 permanently still a better device.
Kiirnodel
On a Comm, that is all true, but you wouldn't be able to run any programs (plus a Rating 6 dongle costs a lot at 108,000¥).

You can only add one device modification to any given device, with the exception that you can increase the attribute after adding one (so yes, you can have a permanently added Attack or Sleaze of 2 added to a Commlink or RCC. Don't forget, though, that the increase to 2 also deals 2 permanent damage to the device.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Kiirnodel @ Jan 2 2018, 12:13 AM) *
On a Comm, that is all true, but you wouldn't be able to run any programs (plus a Rating 6 dongle costs a lot at 108,000¥).

You can only add one device modification to any given device, with the exception that you can increase the attribute after adding one (so yes, you can have a permanently added Attack or Sleaze of 2 added to a Commlink or RCC. Don't forget, though, that the increase to 2 also deals 2 permanent damage to the device.

While the Attack Dongle is expensive, you can steal one. I mean it is only a 12R device. This set up is also preferable because you can load up that program carrier with Virtual Machine and then run two cyberdeck programs, rather than one. Also with a flick of a switch, your Attack Dongle can be turned off and you back to being "legal"... even better if you are rocking a cranial commlink (or better yet have it installed in a cyberlimb). Nobody is going to be able to see you have add-ons to your commlink.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012