Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Device mods
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Savar
So if I read the section right.

If I want I can add attack 1 upgrade it to 2 and add a program modal to my RCC.

However I could add a rated 6 attack dongle to a commlink and a program modal for a cyberprogram and have a better chance of fun.

Did I read that right.

Shoot if I read this right I could take a comm add sleaze upgrade it to 2 put an attack dongle it now out is a better deck the the archetype decker uses. 6/6/6/2 device rating 6. Can't do a swap but choose to have sleaze or attack at 2 the other is 6 permanently still a better device.
Kiirnodel
On a Comm, that is all true, but you wouldn't be able to run any programs (plus a Rating 6 dongle costs a lot at 108,000).

You can only add one device modification to any given device, with the exception that you can increase the attribute after adding one (so yes, you can have a permanently added Attack or Sleaze of 2 added to a Commlink or RCC. Don't forget, though, that the increase to 2 also deals 2 permanent damage to the device.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Kiirnodel @ Jan 2 2018, 12:13 AM) *
On a Comm, that is all true, but you wouldn't be able to run any programs (plus a Rating 6 dongle costs a lot at 108,000).

You can only add one device modification to any given device, with the exception that you can increase the attribute after adding one (so yes, you can have a permanently added Attack or Sleaze of 2 added to a Commlink or RCC. Don't forget, though, that the increase to 2 also deals 2 permanent damage to the device.

While the Attack Dongle is expensive, you can steal one. I mean it is only a 12R device. This set up is also preferable because you can load up that program carrier with Virtual Machine and then run two cyberdeck programs, rather than one. Also with a flick of a switch, your Attack Dongle can be turned off and you back to being "legal"... even better if you are rocking a cranial commlink (or better yet have it installed in a cyberlimb). Nobody is going to be able to see you have add-ons to your commlink.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012