Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Karma furnace?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Adhoc
Hi,

a long time ago someone mentioned a loophole in the rules called the "karma furnace" - I think it was related to a way of re-cycling karma.

And somehow related to Ally Spirits.

Have you heard about it? Do you know what it is?

Love,
A.
binarywraith
I've seen it in one of my games.

Basically, it's related to the way the Energy Drain power works in 5e. You can set it up such that an ally spirit can drain Karma, while dealing 1 level of stun per one Karma drained. The trick is that you can only create an Ally with that power if you can summon spirits with that power, and Energy Drain only comes standard on Shedim, Blood Spirits, Shadow Spirits, and some of the more exotic Insect Spirits.

Or, you can do as the mages in my group did, and enter a contract with a Shadow Spirit where it serves as their magical group's totem, and they run a brothel wherein it gets to drain the customers a little in exchange for giving them a cut of the Karma it reaps.

That was an interesting game. The GM did a good job subtly letting the power gamers in the group turn into the villains. Sucked to be the rest of the team, though.
Adhoc
QUOTE (binarywraith @ May 19 2018, 04:17 PM) *
I've seen it in one of my games.

Basically, it's related to the way the Energy Drain power works in 5e. You can set it up such that an ally spirit can drain Karma, while dealing 1 level of stun per one Karma drained. The trick is that you can only create an Ally with that power if you can summon spirits with that power, and Energy Drain only comes standard on Shedim, Blood Spirits, Shadow Spirits, and some of the more exotic Insect Spirits.

Or, you can do as the mages in my group did, and enter a contract with a Shadow Spirit where it serves as their magical group's totem, and they run a brothel wherein it gets to drain the customers a little in exchange for giving them a cut of the Karma it reaps.

That was an interesting game. The GM did a good job subtly letting the power gamers in the group turn into the villains. Sucked to be the rest of the team, though.

Okay, thanks.

Another one of those loopholes that requires powergamers to be kept in tight reins in Shadowrun campaigns.

/A.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012