Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Food Fight Revamp: Need ideas
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Wacky
Greetings Chummers!

Soon I'll be running the classic Food Fight for a friend who's new to Shadowrun. Now I've run this beloved adventure some 12 times, but as always, when there's any individuals in the party that have played it before, I replace the villains with someone new.

I've had the classic team that's in the module along with a wiz-gogang, bug spirits, but now I'm going with one or more technomancers.

Was thinking of having them take control of various aspects of the Stuffer Shack to torment/attack customers (i.e. the players). Things like locking doors, slamming the automatic doors shut, taking control of the sprinkler system, hacking any weapons with a matrix presence, etc. But that's only a few ideas. I need more.

The only requirements are: Must be Matrix related affecting a non-matrix individual, be in the Stuffer Shack normally (no placing items in it) or a vehicle parked in the parking lot (from a customer), and lastly no drones beyond the one listed in the module (though if you can think to use that in an interesting way, please let me know).

Any ideas would be welcomed! I'll post a synopsis of the adventure after we've run it in about three weeks.

Sign--
Wacky
JanessaVR
What sourcebooks do have access to? SR4 Arsenal and SR4 Unwired would be my first stops here.
Iduno
There are 2 ways a technomancer or decker can affect a meat-only person. Either mess up their equipment (either through wireless, or by hacking the commlink first), or use the environment. And if you do anything worse than turning someone's stuff off, they'll turn it off themselves.

Now if you've got a group of technomancers, turning off their equipment (or changing their friendly/enemy lists on the firing safety) and messing with the enviroment would be real fun. Coffee machines shoot superheated steam, security systems target the PCs, the fire suppression system starts fighting, maybe a passing taxi comes through the front window.

Modular Man
Maybe it's a really well stuffed Stuffer Shack.
Maybe they even just received a shipment of Bust-a-Move toy drones wink.gif

The fun to be had by using toy drones...
They can draw trip wires, pour water or fine spirits, pull current from the sockets, light a fire, traverse the shop by crossing through the racks, jump out of the ceiling...

Possible inspiration: re-watch gremlins.

Oh my, you said "no drones". Still, I stand by my ideas wink.gif
Wacky
Good ideas (and I have access to all the SR4 books--bought 'em cheap when SR5 came out).

I said "no drones" but I like the idea of limiting it to the Bust-A-Move drones and gremlins for inspiration.

Fire suppressant systems are a good choice with being an environmental effect rather than a direct attack.

Scolding Hot coffee seams like a good direct attack. I've never trusted a cappuccino machine. wink.gif

Thinking I'll add in some TV's (trid) screens going haywire and flashing weird images.

Thanks for all the help! The game was pushed back and will take place the 19th.

Sign--
Wacky
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012