Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RL VITAS
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
toturi
Looks like real life VITAS is sweeping the globe at the moment. Stay safe, omaes!
hermit
It's fortunatly less deadly, but yes.

Also FASAnomics.
pbangarth
My wife and I have Netflix, HBO and our computers. We have food and medicine for weeks. Our pets are the same.

And we have universal health care here. We'll ride it out.

"Keep your hands clean and never trust a dragon."
binarywraith
QUOTE (hermit @ Mar 17 2020, 02:16 AM) *
It's fortunatly less deadly, but yes.

Also FASAnomics.

Yeah, I'm never going to give FASA shit about their economic predictions again after watching the same people who caused the 08 crash still leading the way right into a crash as big as the one that heralded the Great Depression. rotfl.gif
Stahlseele
Germany has fallen.
Also, this WILL herald big damages to the whole global economy.
JanessaVR
When I note that parts of SR slowly become RL, I was kinda hoping we'd skip VITAS.
Mantis
Yeah we're getting all the worst parts of the SR timeline without all the cool stuff.
Adhoc
Okay, so:
- VITAS (Corona) is happening
- the internet is an early state matrix
- we have VR to immerse ourselves in virtual worlds
- Boston Dynamics are making robots that move around on their own.

So where is my cyberware?

(I seriously need some new eyes - and maybe some knees)

A.
JanessaVR
QUOTE (Adhoc @ Mar 25 2020, 11:08 AM) *
So where is my cyberware?

Cyberware is yesterday's news. I want full nanomedicine.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Adhoc @ Mar 25 2020, 02:08 PM) *

A.

THIS! VERY MUCH This! I would love to have a new pair of eyes (with low light, thermographic, and flare compensation please!). My lower left leg can do with a replacement as well.
Shrike30
Speaking from inside the Seattle exclusion zone, we're doing okay for the moment, chummers. Appreciate the inward glance. Lone Star haven't decided they need to roll heavy yet, which I appreciate more than they'll ever know. Thanks for looking out.
Sengir
Well, at least in terms of social stratification this crisis has some serious cyberpunk in it...

On the hand you have the tech bros lamenting about their heroic sacrifice of working from their gentrified Berlin lofts, on the other hand cops are charging people for demonstrating against being housed in a cramped shelter with zero means of distancing -- because they were (allegedly) standing too close to each other while protesting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012