Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Low cost lifestyle
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FuelDrop
So here's the lowdown: Luxury lifestyle gives a starting cash of 4d6 x1000 nuyen. That's an average of around 14-15 thousand nuyen starting cash.

I want to see if there's a way to stack lifestyle discounts so much that I can get luxury lifestyle for less than the starting cash it gives.

So I figure we start as a changeling with a beak (-10%), Ogre Stomach (-20%), and Photometabolism (-10%). Add Digestive Expansion bioware (-20%), and EPE: Vegsin (-10%) for a net -70% lifestyle cost.

Sadly this only gets us from 100k a month down to 30. A significant drop to be sure, but not enough to make this profitable...

Though it does work for High lifestyle, dropping from 10k a month down to 3k when your starting cash averages 7k.

So can anyone think of a way to squeeze an extra 30% lifestyle cost reduction on the character?

Koekepan
There are some things that you can do with lifestyle qualities. (It's in the SR4A Runner's Companion.)

Those affect your net lifestyle cost, so you should be able to address some of the costs on the front end - of course, then the percentile difference is smaller.
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Koekepan @ Jun 22 2020, 09:39 AM) *
There are some things that you can do with lifestyle qualities. (It's in the SR4A Runner's Companion.)

Those affect your net lifestyle cost, so you should be able to address some of the costs on the front end - of course, then the percentile difference is smaller.

Yeah, that might be the way.

Huh, if we could get the discount percentage to the point where costs are negative, can we GAIN money from having the most expensive lifestyle possible?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012