Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions to ask Mr Johnson
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Savar
I assume this question has been asked before.

Could I get links to the topics or questions themselves.

Thank you
Mantis
Usual sort of things we ask are, in no particular order:
level of opposition (numbers, type, etc)
whether lethal force is allowed
known magical defenses
known matrix defenses
anyone we can contact that might have more or more current information

Followed by anything obvious we need to know to complete the job that they didn't tell us beforehand. Like the fact the target is in an underwater habitat or whatever.
Some Johnsons seem to want to play their cards really close to the vest but some stuff you just have to reveal in order to get people to do the job.
Sunday_Gamer
Once you know what he wants and how much he's willing to pay for it I'm a big fan of:

Tell me what you know (derp)
but always followed up with "so what precisely, are you expecting?"

Can't manage customer expectations if ya don't know what they are... best make sure everyone is on the same page before I get all dressed up to party.
Blade
Mantis' list is good. I'd add "Do we have a way to contact you during the run?" and "What do we do if something unexpected comes up?"

The rest depends on the character. My Trickster character would probably add something like:
"By the way, I've got a friend who'll soon start her job as a Johnson and she asked me how she should do if she ever had to double-cross a team. I gave her my answer but I'd be curious to know your professional opinion about this."
JanessaVR
QUOTE (Blade @ Aug 3 2020, 06:09 AM) *
My Trickster character would probably add something like:
"By the way, I've got a friend who'll soon start her job as a Johnson and she asked me how she should do if she ever had to double-cross a team. I gave her my answer but I'd be curious to know your professional opinion about this."

LOL! That's priceless! rotfl.gif

psychophipps
Always mention the "spoils of war" clause...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012