Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [SR2]Help Me With My First Character
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ravensmuse
How does this character look so far? My first 2e character.

Rebekah, Raccoon Shaman

Attributes

Body 5
Quickness 5
Strength 2
Charisma 6
Intelligence 6
Willpower 6
Essence 6
Magic 6
Reaction 5

Skills

Firearms 2
Athletics 2
Stealth 3
Conjuring 4
Sorcery 4
Etiquette (Corp) 3
Etiquette (Street) 3
Negotiation (Fast Talk) 3

Spells:

Control Emotion 3
Control Thoughts 3
Mask 3
Chaos 3
Chaotic World 3

Combat Pool 8
Magic Pool 4

Gear

Medicine Lodge 2
Low Lifestyle
Streetline Special
tisoz
I'd probably drop Etiquette (Corp) 3, Negotiation (Fast Talk) 3 and raise your go to skills Sorcery/Conjuring to 6, and maybe Firearms to 4 (or Firearms and Athletics get bumped by 1 each.) At least drop an Etiquette and boost Sorcery/Conjuring.

Get a Heavy Pistol, Browning, Colt Ruger or even the Roomsweeper.

Mask in 2E sort of sucks as your success become the TN for adversaries to see through the spell. Invisibility is a bit better @2 x successes to see, but Inv doesn't work vs Thermographic. Look at the Spirit Power Confusion to do what your Chaos and Chaotic world spells do (and the Drain will likely be friendlier.) As Raccoon, you get a totem bonus to Manipulation Spells, so look into those.

Unfortunately, a lot of players figure the party magic user is going to heal their wounds, too. Maybe let them know you are not, or pick up the Treat spell, maybe make it Exclusive and Expendable Fetish for more oomph (let them pay for the expended fetish, it's the least they could do. Okay, they could do nothing...)
Lionesque
A magic user that refuses to learn the Heal spell is like a samurai refusing to use {e.g.} heavy pistols. You may have your reasons, but you are still not doing your best to fill your role in a team.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012