Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anti-Dragon League
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
SincereAgape
Hello. Returning to the game after a long hiatus. Using discord my old group and I will be participating in a SR 20th A game.

I am in the process of plotting out campaign ideas. The one that came up is the runners become involved in a shadow conspiracy composed of groups who are fearful the Great Dragons will eventually dominate the world and that humanity's only chance to combat them is to form a alliance of powerful entities to combat them.

This is building off the plot from Shadowrun DragonFall and the story of Adrian Vauclair.

What groups, powerful entities, or individuals would potentially be apart of a group to take down the Great Dragons?

So far off the top of my head..

1. Humanis Policlub
2. Lugh Surhand and his elven Paladins.
3. Horizon?
4. Native American Nations?
5. CAS Rangers?

It has been awhile since I've played SR and gotten into the lore. So any help is appreciated! Thanks.
Sendaz
Aztlan/Aztechnology already knocked down Sirrurg, a Great, though wasn't able to bury it.

Check out 4th Ed Storm Front for more on that throw down.
tisoz
Denver.
Iduno
Probably people who are concerned that their position in the ruling class is at stake, but also aren't already friends with dragons. So Buttercup is probably out, Damien Knight, Nadja Daviar, and Kyle Haefner. Their opponents, however, may not be.
FuelDrop
Remember that killing Great Dragons is very hard... for a small group of individuals. A large, militarized force with the right equipment and tactics on the other hand has a much more even playing field. I recommend checking out the anti-ship missiles in one of the splat books, or the cruise missiles. Those things are potent enough to hurt even great dragons on a good hit.
Sengir
IEs with their history of being dominated by dragons and not exactly liking it would be an obvious choice.

All AAAs with the exception of Seader-Krupp would be another, they are the ones currently dominating the world and might not like the idea of losing that position.
Iduno
QUOTE (Sengir @ Sep 26 2020, 08:02 PM) *
All AAAs with the exception of Seader-Krupp would be another, they are the ones currently dominating the world and might not like the idea of losing that position.

Yamatetsu would probably also be out. I'm not super familiar with them so I could be wrong.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012